Super Contributor

Ladies, I came across some products that contain LEAD, (including Dooney and Bourke) that contain toxic levels of lead in them. California requires that all products come with a list of information, Prop. 65 at the bottom of all of these products. Read for yourself! {#emotions_dlg.scared} Please pass this info on.

Honored Contributor

This isn't news, MeganRose. This has been in the news and discussed for some time now.

I live in California and very much appreciate Prop 65, but unless I or someone else was going to be licking or chewing on my handbag, I would not worry about any lead present.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor
On 3/30/2014 suzyQ3 said:

This isn't news, MeganRose. This has been in the news and discussed for some time now.

I live in California and very much appreciate Prop 65, but unless I or someone else was going to be licking or chewing on my handbag, I would not worry about any lead present.

Well, suzyQ3, I respect your opinion, however, we all have the right to be informed. I didn't know about this until the other day!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
On 3/30/2014 MeganRose said:

Well, suzyQ3, I respect your opinion, however, we all have the right to be informed. I didn't know about this until the other day!

Oh, no, no, no -- I wasn't scolding you. I just wanted to mention that his handbag/lead issue has been around for quite some time now. It wasn't meant as a put-down at all.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor
I would like to know why this is only applicable in California? What about the rest of us who don't live there.
Honored Contributor
On 3/31/2014 luvtoshopathome said: I would like to know why this is only applicable in California? What about the rest of us who don't live there.

Because in 1986, California voters approved an initiative on the ballot to address the issue of toxic chemicals that led to the Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act, which is generally referred to its original name -- Proposition 65.

If you're interested, here is a LINK to the the Act in plain language.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for sharing. I try not to put any part of any of my handbags in my mouth.

Super Contributor
On 3/30/2014 MeganRose said:

Oh, no, no, no -- I wasn't scolding you. I just wanted to mention that his handbag/lead issue has been around for quite some time now. It wasn't meant as a put-down at all.

It's OK. I guess I just felt that way. Smiley Happy

Super Contributor
On 3/31/2014 luvtoshopathome said: I would like to know why this is only applicable in California? What about the rest of us who don't live there.

Apparently, we're supposed to wash our hands after handling the bag?! {#emotions_dlg.huh}

Super Contributor

Exactly!