Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: LEAD Poisoning in QVC handbags?

If anyone knows how to turn the link into one that you just touch and it takes you to the site, please type it over and help. The PDF shows pictures of all the bags. This is an issue for pregnant women. It is an issue for women carrying these bags, too. Some particulate could come off the handles,get on your fingers and transfer to your fingers. Then you could ingest the lead when eating.
Super Contributor

You can buy a lead test kit at any Lowes, Home Depot, hardware store even Amazon. Why not test your bag, then you'll know for sure.

Honored Contributor

On 11/9/2014 okiebug said:

You can buy a lead test kit at any Lowes, Home Depot, hardware store even Amazon. Why not test your bag, then you'll know for sure.

Wink

Seriously. Of all the threads to resurrect...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

On 9/18/2014 QMaven said:
On 9/18/2014 di-mc said:

If you are planning to chew on your bag, you might want to change your mind.

What if a child chews on the bag?
If you allow your child to chew on your handbag, exposure to lead is probably not the worse thing he'll get. Consider where your bag has been.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

On 9/18/2014 QMaven said:
On 9/18/2014 di-mc said:

If you are planning to chew on your bag, you might want to change your mind.

What if a child chews on the bag?

Remove the bag from the child and, if the child can understand, explain that handbags are not to be placed in the mouth. If the child is too young, just keep the bag out of reach.

Super Contributor

I bought a Vera Bradley bag last week, which arrived with a "may contain things that the state of California blah blah blah". Last night, I caught my puppy chewing on one of the handles. He got a stern wag of the finger and a "Bad dog!" but he seems to have survived. Maybe it takes longer than 14 hours to take effect.