Super Contributor

Re: LEAD Poisoning in QVC handbags?

On 9/18/2014 ical said:
On 9/18/2014 happy housewife said:

You have to ingest lead to be poisoned from it so it would be best to not be eating your bags and this will no longer be an issue for you.Lead is not absorbed through the skin.

It can be absorbed by the skin if organic lead. So were all the lead laden jewelry pieces recalled and tossed made of organic lead or inorganic lead?

Inorganic

Honored Contributor

On 9/18/2014 magemay said:
On 9/18/2014 happy housewife said:

You have to ingest lead to be poisoned from it so it would be best to not be eating your bags and this will no longer be an issue for you.Lead is not absorbed through the skin.

Lead also enters the body through inhalation.

The longer I read your posts the more difficult it is for me to believe your occupational claims, happy housewife.

What does lead poisoning have to do with my profession / and what is your source of that information about lead? i'm sure it would require the lead be somehow aerosolized. So how is that going to happen to the dye on a purse?

Respected Contributor

Why do you keep an expensive item near your cat to chew? If my cat was obsessed w/chewing something expensive of mine, his 9 lives would instantly evaporate to 0.

Lovely comment-Hopefully, you will NEVER have animals! Not funny even if you meant it to be. In poor taste! {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Respected Contributor

On 9/18/2014 jaxs mom said:

TK, remember in the other thread I said my chihuahua could ride in my new logo lock. Here's the pic lol.

ADORABLE!! This photo made me smile!
Super Contributor

Yes, I found a lead disclosure on a mirror that came from California. I believe it is the actual mirror and not the frame. My DH and I figured since we are not eating or sniffing the mirror, we should be fine and not panic. Some of these claims are really over the top.
Esteemed Contributor

On 9/18/2014 Mz iMac said:

Actually my cat is a little obsessed with chewing the leather on one of my Dooney's so I'd like to know.

Why do you keep an expensive item near your cat to chew? If my cat was obsessed w/chewing something expensive of mine, his 9 lives would instantly evaporate to 0.

I'm putting my money on the cat!
Super Contributor

On 9/19/2014 BlingQueen022 said:
On 9/18/2014 Mz iMac said:

Actually my cat is a little obsessed with chewing the leather on one of my Dooney's so I'd like to know.

I'm putting my money on the cat!

Me too!

Accidents happen. My rottie redesigned a few remote controls when she was a puppy. My fault for leaving them out. I was more concerned with her swallowing a battery than anything else. Live and learn. Besides amazon prime does carry direct tv remotes, I now keep extras! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Honored Contributor

That's why it's a good idea for us to always wash our hands before eating. Most likely we are handling all sorts of lead, plastics, etc. all day long. Probably everything we touch contains something not-so-good for us. Mom was right: "Wash your hands".

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Super Contributor

On 9/18/2014 di-mc said:

If you are planning to chew on your bag, you might want to change your mind.

{#emotions_dlg.lol}

Trusted Contributor

It's probably like dishware. I read extensively on that. The only way to know for sure is to have individual ones tested. You can't even go by what country they are made in or type of dishes. I'm going to assume that handbags would be the same. Plus, the media seems to love to frighten the public with things like this, as if there isn't enough to worry about in the world. I'm over it.