Esteemed Contributor

I am wanting to get some of these cute boots for my neices, the are 7 and 9. One is an accident waiting to happen, the other not so much. I have never owned any shoes like this. How easy are these to clean?

tia

Honored Contributor

They are genuine suede and that needs to be treated with a protectant spray which will help them from getting wet or soiled. This should be done every year if not sooner depending on how much they would get worn. I would say you cannot actually clean them but rather give them a brush cleaning on the exterior of the boot. 

Tonight HSN will be having a Today's Special featuring the Bear Paw boots. They come with a special suede that never gets wet and it does not need to be re-treated, the treatment is permanent. These are the boots. Cute! You can order them now.

bearpaw-geneva-suede-sheepskin-boot-with-neverwet-d-20181011143615983_634578_BX1.jpg

https://www.hsn.com/shop/bearpaw/12370?rid=4411&query=bear%20paw&isSuggested=false

Honored Contributor

If they're real suede you should spray them with a suede waterproof spray before wearing, to deter dirt and stains.

I do that with all of my original UGGS.

If they do need cleaning, suede cleaner is the only thing you should use on real suede.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Contributor

I saw Kohls carries these as well.  I do not know how prices compare with QVC.

Valued Contributor

I’ve seen this brand at rack room shoes- not sure how the prices compare!!!

Respected Contributor

Th feet of a 7 and a 9 year old grow quickly.  I would not spend too much $$$ on genuine suede.  I'd check places like Marshall's or TJ Maxx.

Honored Contributor

I love Uggs and wonder how the Koolaburra compare, if anyone knows. Thanks in advance!

Honored Contributor

Re: Koolaburra by Uggs

[ Edited ]

@World Traveler wrote:

I love Uggs and wonder how the Koolaburra compare, if anyone knows. Thanks in advance!

@UGGs are made of 100% (twin-face) sheepskin uppers. Kookabura boots are made with calf suede leather uppers, faux fur and some sheepskin (fur) usually found in the insoles. @World Traveler

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@World Traveler wrote:

@UGGs are made of 100% (twin-face) sheepskin uppers. Kookabura boots are made with calf suede leather uppers, faux fur and some sheepskin (fur) usually found in the insoles. @World Traveler

I have also wondered about the differences.  Thank you.  Are the Kookabura boots just as comfy?

Respected Contributor

I've also wondered about the difference between Uggs and Koolabura.  I have several pair of Uggs and wear them for warmth, but not comfort.  There is no arch support or much support at all.  Are Kolaburra made the same?