Honored Contributor

Re: Kate Spade or Tory Burch handbag - is one better in your opinion?

I'm a Kate Spade fanatic! So, yes, I have many, many of her bags! Frankly I've never heard of Tory Burch! I love the simplicity of Kate Spade items. I love that they are classic and the style will never go out. Love the leather. I can't speak of Tory Burch bags.

"Pure Michigan"
Super Contributor

Irishrose136 - I have had Kate Spade reading glasses on my Nordstrom wish list for quite a while. I keep hoping they will go on sale.. Smiley Happy

luvtoshopathome and ID2 - well sounds like one vote each for Tory Burch and Kate Spade!

Honored Contributor

On 3/17/2014 shoekitty said:
On 3/17/2014 stevieb said:

I think both are good brands but like so many other middle of the road brands, over-touted and, unless on sale, over-priced. I do like both brands though. For me, it always gets down to the specific bag, though. If I like one better than the other then that's the one I'll choose, not the brand.

Hi Stevie!

I think the stitching and leather quality is superior in both lines. They are overpriced, especially TB. But they do last. I am amzed at the stitching in TB. Also, TB has the best straw bags, they last and are coated, and so well made. My granddaughter has many of her pieces. She had to return a wallet and the Reva shoes once because of a defect, and they went out of their way to not only fix the wallet and replace the shoes, but gave her a little coin purse for "pain and suffering", LOL!

You can't beat KS sales though! She has real sales!

I choose the the bag, not the vendor as well. I am sck, and need an intervention. But I am probably beyond help at this point.

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I think we need a support group! I know I'm beyond help, but I'm determined this time to really try...

{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

On 3/17/2014 kahootz said:

You guys are great, thanks! Shoekitty, there are two different styles I like of Tory Burch's line and the one from Kate Spade is the Sloan Grove Court (see pic). I bought the Michael Kors large Selma handbag in Black and have been sporting it all winter. Great bag! I gravitate towards a more structured handbag. From what I gather from everyone's replies I guess I can't go wrong with either brand. I will need to get rid of a few B. Makowsky's to make room for the new one!Grove court

Great looking bag. Love the color!

Super Contributor

Yeah, I like the color too. Also, you can't see it in this picture - but when the handles are down they are white on the other side. I have a Dooney in a summer blue, but just need a nice neutral at this point.

Super Contributor

I have a couple of Kate Spades and I love them. Never had a Tory Burch.
Honored Contributor

kahootz

Love the bag. Great color. The strap on the purse comes in handy if you travel. Or have to use the restroom with no purse hook on door!! I have to say, it is so hard to find a bag in that color. My Mom has wanted a beige (on the ivory side) for 2 years. Even in summer, they are hard to find in leather. At least classic bags. Just try looking on QVC or Nordies, or Neimans for a Beige bag.

I love structured bags as well.

Super Contributor

On 3/18/2014 shoekitty said:

kahootz

Love the bag. Great color. The strap on the purse comes in handy if you travel. Or have to use the restroom with no purse hook on door!! I have to say, it is so hard to find a bag in that color. My Mom has wanted a beige (on the ivory side) for 2 years. Even in summer, they are hard to find in leather. At least classic bags. Just try looking on QVC or Nordies, or Neimans for a Beige bag.

I was hoping Nordstrom had this bag but unfortunately they don't have this model with the strap. I like having the strap too! I love shopping at Nordstrom because they are so good with returns. I've ordered a handbag before, only to get it home and find that I really didn't like it so much. If I get this, I'll have to buy directly from the Kate Spade store.

Honored Contributor

Kate Spade online has their special sale for a few more hours. Some items are 60% off with additional percentage. I don't think it includes the bag you want though. My experience with Kate Spade online has been wonderful. They accept returns on most of their items. There are a few items in clearance that specify, no returns. Otherwise everything is free returns. They wrap well, deliver quick. They have excellent communication. The few items I returned, my items were credited very quickly. I highly recommend KSonline.

Honored Contributor

On 3/18/2014 shoekitty said:

kahootz

Dooney is offering quite a few bags this season in their bone color, which is a beautiful creamy neutral. I keep oogling them and am determined to get something in bone home sooner or later...