Esteemed Contributor

I have tried them on over the last few years, but either my feet have changed or they were always narrower and flat.  

Guess I just need arch support and a wide now.  Not bad enough to be old, my feet are out of control too!

Esteemed Contributor

i'm a native rhode islander....still here....many many years ago there was a ked's factory in ri....i remember in the 50's starting the summer with a visit to the factory....had a choice of 3 colors....red, blue or white...but my mom never let me buy white! 

Honored Contributor

I'm sure Keds are the reason I have so many foot issures now.  I wore them all the time when I was young.  They are way too flat. 

Frequent Contributor

Yes, I had these for many summers as a child, too.

I don,t currently have any.

Esteemed Contributor

Too flat, no support and no wide widths. Smiley Sad Too bad- some really cute prints for summer!

Trusted Contributor

I use to wear them all the time.. I still have several pair that are like new in my closet, but like so many others here I can't wear them now, they are just too flat.

I noticed the new look for shorts this year are knee length and that's exactly what I wore them with in my younger days. Oh to be young again!  Sigh.....

Frequent Contributor

@gizmogal   I really like those for casual wear.  Maybe put in an orthotic for a little more support.

Honored Contributor

Not for people that need support in their shoes.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Trusted Contributor

@pprmntstx   My mom would buy us a new pair of Keds every summer growing up, and we'd wear then till they were past wearing with holes in the toes and all stained up from bicycle chain greese, or sliding into third base, to stiff as a board from wading in the creek with them on.  Sure loved my sneaks!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@gizmogal wrote:

I bought a pair of white leather Keds in the past year or so. They are comfortable and very well made. They fit true to size. I bought them directly from the Keds website because they were not sold in stores. They are pebble grain and have red “baseball” stitching and a “home plate” tag in the back above the traditional blue Keds tag. They were just novelty shoes worth having. They were also available in canvas, but the leather is much easier to keep clean. 

I find them a little heavy, but very supple,  and arch support is not their best feature. However, I don’t wear them as performance athletic shoes or for long walks intended for health benefits. They’re just cute sneakers I enjoy if I go to a ball game or in the summer with shorts and a polo shirt. Casual, but a little different. 

The Keds website has a great look at every one of its women’s products, so you could window shop there.  Keds website shipped immediately and they arrived very quickly. I wouldn’t hesitate to buy any style of Keds for fun or pretty sneakers. Lots of choices, very familiar look brought forward to today. 

Here’s mine! Yes, I’d say this one type might not be every girl’s choice, but Keds makes really nice sneakers, for sure. 

72115E0C-81EF-47BE-B0A4-CB9183C2E1D6.jpeg

@gizmogal : I have these sneakers too, and love them!

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~