Respected Contributor

Just ordered Spenco from qvc...

After looking EVERYWHERE, mainly for Vionics, I saw the Spenco Cheetah sandals on qvc, in my size 5. So I ordered them in black. I'm having such a hard time with finding good supportive sandals, and not to mention in my small size. Vionic runs soooo BIG, and WIDE, and zero stores carry a 5, except online. After days of searching, I found these spenco for the lowest price on qvc. Figure I'd give them a try, after being not too happy with Vionic...I had a pair of thongs, I found them to be stiff, and rubbed on the top of my feet, also heavy. That said, I love their slippers mainly for the support. Again, a bit heavy, and a tad clunky, but my body is messed up, so I'll take any help. Anyway, I heard Spenco is lighter, and more flexible, so I hope. I'm having so much discomfort in my legs, and hips , and have a Achilles tendon problem, I just don't know what to wear anymore. My Fitflops, and good sneakers not helping much either. I know...next stop, to the Dr 😣. I'd appreciate any suggestions for cool, stylish sandals.
Respected Contributor

Re: Just ordered Spenco from qvc...

Oh...I wanted to add, I have my eyes on qvc Vionic, navy rhinestone thongs. They have a size 5. Only thing ...reviews say they look more purple, and of course, pricey. Just thought they looked dressy for a nice change. Send me your opinions.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Dazlinwrote:
Oh...I wanted to add, I have my eyes on qvc Vionic, navy rhinestone thongs. They have a size 5. Only thing ...reviews say they look more purple, and of course, pricey. Just thought they looked dressy for a nice change. Send me your opinions.

i thought you said you weren't happy with Vionics.....

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Have u worn Birkenstock (Birkies and Betula) sandals? Sooooo comfortable and attractive. You can find them on Zappos dot com - free shipping both ways. I have many pairs, including their clogs.Read the reviews. I prefer the real leather ones or nubuck (suede).

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Right, if you found them heavy, then don't consider these. I tried them too and also found them heavy and....oversized somehow.

Apparently you need an ergonomic foodbed, like Fitflop offers.  I need a sandal with arch support and that little cup around the back of the heel helps to stabilize the foot as well.  But you said they weren't working, so maybe another brand.  Maybe Clarks.  Check website which sell shoes to get more of a selection than QVC. 

Sorry you are having foot trouble, and you are right to see a doctor before worse damage is done.  Keep in mind too that "supportive" and "sandal" really don't go together very well.  Those Spencos look nice. 

Honored Contributor

The term "supportive sandal" is an oxymoron because a sandal cannot be fully supportive.  If you want good support you need a shoe that encases and supports your foot, not on that just has an arch support.  People who have true foot problems for which they received medical treatment, don't wear sandals, period.  Youll see them in oxford types of shoe, perhaps a serious (expensive) supportive athletic shoe.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I was only considering those Vionics because they have the suede bed, and looked decent...but I'm waiting for feedback on those to see if they're perhaps lighter, etc.  Ya know, I keep searching hoping I find a happy medium.  I have good athletic sneakers, also prescription insoles for them.  But, I love a pretty sandal, especially when it's so hot here in Florida. 

I appreciate any suggestions on pretty, comfort sandals, yes, that offer support.

Respected Contributor

@kivahwrote:

Have u worn Birkenstock (Birkies and Betula) sandals? Sooooo comfortable and attractive. You can find them on Zappos dot com - free shipping both ways. I have many pairs, including their clogs.Read the reviews. I prefer the real leather ones or nubuck (suede).

@kivah  Agree...  I LOVE Birkies.  They are so comfortable and have a nice arch support.  I also have a lot and prefer the leather ones too.  I also love the ones with the one band, but those are harder to find.

I have a pair of Vionic sneakers, and am not in love with them.  The arch support is not in that sweet spot for me.  I personally won't get anything more in this brand.

Esteemed Contributor

I wear men's Spenco exclusively, indoors and out.  They work well for me.

I'm on my feet alot.  I also wear their thongs - the ones I have were labelled "unisex" and I can take a walk down a country road in them just fine.  They are supportive and comfortable, for me.  

Vionic does not address my body - I do not over-pronate.

Cogito ergo sum
Respected Contributor

@Sweetbay magnoliawrote:

I wear men's Spenco exclusively, indoors and out.  They work well for me.

I'm on my feet alot.  I also wear their thongs - the ones I have were labelled "unisex" and I can take a walk down a country road in them just fine.  They are supportive and comfortable, for me.  

Vionic does not address my body - I do not over-pronate.

Appreciate your reply...im going to look at those thongs as well.  Thank you!