Honored Contributor

Re: Joy Mangano bifocals HSN today's special

Returned these. Horrible quality. Cheap plastic. Save yourself a return to the post office

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Esteemed Contributor

I have a set from two years ago. They last so long I still have 4 unused pair. I wear prescription reading glasses but I am far sighted so I buy the 1.5 for watching tv & driving. I like the sunglasses for going to yard sales & reading or crocheting outside. I bought the set of two sunglasses for $9.95.

Honored Contributor

I have her TS readers from a year or two ago.

My dog constantly was finding and chewing up my expensive reading glasses....these fit the bill!

I have 4 left - he finished off two.

At these prices, I didn't care!

I just noticed that a year of Allure comes with them too...that's a GREAT deal! I just ordered today's deal.

Honored Contributor

On 2/28/2014 kaybee said:
On 2/28/2014 ibb38 said:

What the heck is an <em>extended bifocal</em> ? The strength goes beyond the little area is usually is? Sounds like a Joy Mangano made up term !

Either way you look at it- they're still reading glasses and in no way would replace prescription glasses.

I've bought her reading glasses ts's in the past and I'm happy with them. Even bought them for gifts! You really do get a lot for the money. But a rose is a rose!!! Smile

<em>Bi focal sunglasses have been around for years</em>- Joy bugs me when she claims to invent everything!!

I bought last year's TS set of readers and took a pair to an eye exam. I didn't have a previous prescription but I'm a new diabetic so I had a thorough exam. Anyway, she (the doctor) tested me in my readers (which are a 2.0) and I was perfect so she made them my prescription. In other words, she thought they were perfect and didn't try to sell me new glasses.

My problem with the readers is I can't walk or watch TV or practically anything else with them on because they are too strong for anything other than reading so I think the bifocal will be great! Last year's TS came with a bifocal sunglass that is very similar to the bifocals in this set.

You're supposed to wear readers down on your nose so when you look up at something distant, you look over the tops of the frame. I get a new prescription every year after my exam but haven't had a single one filled for years. All I need are readers so why not just wear Joy's? I've got 3 sets at various places around the house. It beats paying $300-$700 for prescription frames and lenses.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I buy my readers from the Dollar store and they are great!

Don't worry, be Happy!
Honored Contributor

i received my reader set yesterday and they are excellent as usual! i will probably send in for the allure refund. i have bought several of her readers sets and they are excellent quality and perfect to have one in every room of the house and in my purse. rarely have i had any break (lol and the few that have i have either stepped on them or sat on them )

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein