Esteemed Contributor

Re: Joy Mangano bifocals HSN today's special

I know lasik surgery and cataract surgery are different things. I didn't want to have lasik now- pay tons out of pocket. Only to need cataract surgery in the next 5-10 years - paid by insurance!- and potentially have the same result!!

Esteemed Contributor

Just to clarify. I have worn glasses since the age of 2 1/2. You can only imagine having cataract surgery and never needing them again. I almost feel naked without them. My doctor told me to get a pair of readers. For me it was 2.5. I am in heaven. I can see normally. I was very very far sighted from birth.

Joy's glasses are well made and truly a blessing. I can read. I did not qualify for the lenses that would have eliminated the reading glasses and the doctor did not push any other procedure to be able to get them. He felt reading glasses would do the trick.

Honored Contributor

I found a pair of her sunglasses which I'd never worn. Took them on a road trip yesterday. It was a cloudy day with the California storm moving in, but I found myself squinting. They weren't dark enough. I do like the ones with the "JM" on the earpieces because they're my initials too.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

On 2/28/2014 circles said:
On 2/28/2014 Nightowlz said:

I don't need any. It's a good deal. Wish she made a set for men. My DH could use them.

she does....they were shown at midnight with the TS....

Thanks. I did not see them. Was it also a TS price? I will have to see if HSN still has any.

Honored Contributor

Two of my neighbors paid $3,000 extra beyond Medicare coverage to be able to go without glasses. Both of them still have to wear glasses for reading, it was a total waste of money.

Valued Contributor

My TS set arrived yesterday. I really like the ones with clear on top and readers on the bottom. I don't have to constantly take them off when I'm working on something.

I've used JM readers for several years. The price and quality can't be beat!

Occasional Contributor

Be careful buying computers from QVC they will sell you a refurbished computer and make you think that it's brand new. they will not refund your money either. so sad that a big company would prey on it's customers. BEWARE, tell your friends and coworkers

Honored Contributor

This post is about eyeglasses! What do computers have to do with the subject? What proof do you have that QVC sells refurbished computers? You should be very positive before making such claims.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Contributor

I have tried her set of readers and they are very cheaply made. I don't know why I keep falling for her and her products. Every single one of them is very poorly made, both in material and quality. Joy is just good with sales talk but her products don't deliver.

I find the ICU eyewear the best in quality. Yes, you get only 3 for the price that you get 7 with Joy's set but ICU eyewear will last you far longer. QVC used to carry some set before. The only complaint I have with ICU eyewear is that they are not consistent with the fit. Some are too tight on the temple, some too loose. You would have to chance up on your good fit from the designs that you like.

Honored Contributor

I've ordered them many times. I like them. They are a good deal. Clear and accurate.