Honored Contributor

Joy Mangano bifocals HSN today's special

I've been searching for these for years. Joy Mangano has come out with clear glass bifocals just like her sunglasses. I wear prescription glasses but sometimes I just need something for reading and a few extra pairs would come in handy, especially for driving on cloudy days.

Honored Contributor

Re: Joy Mangano bifocals HSN today's special

I just checked this out, this is just too good to be true, I just bought new bifocals (Progressive lens) glasses that cost almost $500, and I'm not that happy with them! I may just have to try this ............ thanks for the info, I probably got an email, and didn't even look at it!

Esteemed Contributor

What the heck is an extended bifocal ? The strength goes beyond the little area is usually is? Sounds like a Joy Mangano made up term !

Either way you look at it- they're still reading glasses and in no way would replace prescription glasses.

I've bought her reading glasses ts's in the past and I'm happy with them. Even bought them for gifts! You really do get a lot for the money. But a rose is a rose!!!

Reading glasses that are also sunglasses have been around for years- Joy bugs me when she claims to invent everything!!

Frequent Contributor

I've bought Joy's reading glasses in the past also and I might consider getting these. I just watched the presentation and it's over 46,000 that have been ordered today.

Honored Contributor

i have her reading glasses (not sure i need the bifocals though)......they are worth way more than what is being charged on hsn. they last a long time and are very comfortable.....have even given them as gifts. i like being able to match my reading glasses to what i am wearing.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

In this instance- bifocals and reading glasses are one in the same. The term 'bifocal' is generally associated with prescription glasses though.

Valued Contributor

Thanks for the heads up, sunshine. I need reading glasses but don't need glasses for distance but of course I end up doing everything with the darn reading glasses on. In the summer, I wear my sunglasses with the reading glasses on top of my head (a very attractive look). I hope these work for me.

Super Contributor

On 2/28/2014 ibb38 said:

What the heck is an extended bifocal ? The strength goes beyond the little area is usually is? Sounds like a Joy Mangano made up term !

Either way you look at it- they're still reading glasses and in no way would replace prescription glasses.

I've bought her reading glasses ts's in the past and I'm happy with them. Even bought them for gifts! You really do get a lot for the money. But a rose is a rose!!! Smile

Bi focal sunglasses have been around for years- Joy bugs me when she claims to invent everything!!

I bought last year's TS set of readers and took a pair to an eye exam. I didn't have a previous prescription but I'm a new diabetic so I had a thorough exam. Anyway, she (the doctor) tested me in my readers (which are a 2.0) and I was perfect so she made them my prescription. In other words, she thought they were perfect and didn't try to sell me new glasses.

My problem with the readers is I can't walk or watch TV or practically anything else with them on because they are too strong for anything other than reading so I think the bifocal will be great! Last year's TS came with a bifocal sunglass that is very similar to the bifocals in this set.

Super Contributor

I wear progressive glasses.. However am wearing Computer glasses which I am not too crazy about....

Feel they are a little too strong... Have to go back to my ophthalmologist to get them rechecked...

I had gotten a separate prescription for these....

Am in need of new progressive one's... My biggest issue is getting the right frames...

Have such a sensitivity to most I have gotten in the past.. To add I have two different strengths for my eyes... Also was told I have astigmatism in both eyes... So I don't think I could wear non-prescription eyes glasses

Honored Contributor

I don't need any. It's a good deal. Wish she made a set for men. My DH could use them.