Respected Contributor

Re: Jane still trying on London Fly booths without wearing socks.

@Nonametoday wrote:

@lulu1 wrote:

If you've ever been shoe shopping in a self service shoe department, very few ladies use the disposable foot coverings offered.  Even in Nordstroms you do not have to wear foot coverings.

Different day and age.  I remember being afraid I'd be arrested if I tried on shoes barefooted at Shoe Town.

@lulu1   Less well-educated people nowadays.  Educated people know that it causes disease, the main reason restaurants do not allow you to tread barefoot in their stores.

My sister owns a restaurant. Restaurants do not allow barefeet because they fear disease, rather they are afraid customers will get injured and sue the restaurant.  

Respected Contributor

Thanks for letting us know. Have you called the Pentagon yet?

Honored Contributor

@alicedee wrote:

I don't care what Jane does....but I can't stand the feeling of wearing a regular shoe or boot without socks.  

Not sure I even OWN socks anymore!  LOL

To each their own.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Rm107.  Why in the world would Jane's hosiery or lack thereof influence your decision to buy a pair of boots?  Most people wear them without socks.  You're not going to buy the pair Jane wore.

I agree @Kachina624 .  This topic has been cussed and discussed to death on these forums.  Nobody cares.  How many shoes have I purchased that have been tried on by other people?  I have no idea nor do I care.  

Honored Contributor

My brother-in-law has never worn a pair of socks as long as I have known him...since high school and he's in his 60's now.

He wear business suits to work ( owns his own company) and leather dress shoes...no socks.

He married my sister in a formal ceremony wearing a tux ...no socks.

In addition to no socks, he doesn't tie his shoe strings.  He lets them hang and they get worn away by dragging on the ground.

He doesn't have any foot diseases and he was sockless before it was fashionable.

I am sitting here trying to figure out why this bothers some people.  Others people's feet are of no concern to me.

You do not get diseases from not wearing socks or shoes for that matter.  Foot fungus is an equal opportunity disease.  It doesn't discriminate...socks or no socks.

Respected Contributor

LOL!! is this for real? 

I know there are a lot of neurotics out there..but  love seeing one keeping such a high profile- No doubt for all of our entertainment, and it worked!

Valued Contributor

If you don't like that, poshmark has used shoes for sale.  Check out the condition of some of the Tieks previously owned shoes on that site!

Trusted Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

My brother-in-law has never worn a pair of socks as long as I have known him...since high school and he's in his 60's now.

He wear business suits to work ( owns his own company) and leather dress shoes...no socks.

He married my sister in a formal ceremony wearing a tux ...no socks.

In addition to no socks, he doesn't tie his shoe strings.  He lets them hang and they get worn away by dragging on the ground.

He doesn't have any foot diseases and he was sockless before it was fashionable.

I am sitting here trying to figure out why this bothers some people.  Others people's feet are of no concern to me.

You do not get diseases from not wearing socks or shoes for that matter.  Foot fungus is an equal opportunity disease.  It doesn't discriminate...socks or no socks.

Carmie, You BIL reminds me of Don Johnson on Miami Vice and boy did he look good without socks!  Another thing that is funny is the Chinese men wear tennis shoes with their dress suits. They use to visit a pulp and paper company where my hubs worked and he had to deal with them and he told me about it lol.  

Trusted Contributor

Just think of all the people who order shoes online; try them on and send them back.  God knows what happens with those shoes once they are delivered lol.  Maybe the dog or cat wrestles with them, just kidding!

Contributor

Somebody will get them eventually!! Even if its a lunchtime special item .....