Honored Contributor

Re: Jane..shoe shopping..wow...

Compared to the rest of the country, many people in PA, NY and NJ talk fast.  We don't do it on purpose, it's just how it is. It is part of our culture.

I always say, " we don't talk too fast, you listen too slow."

When Andrew Lessman is on, he talks so slow I can't stand to listen to him for too long.

Respected Contributor

At least when Jane talks fast you can understand what she is saying which I can't say for a couple of other hosts.

Trusted Contributor

She's not the only host to do this, but she is one of the fastest.

I just can't take it, so I have to not watch.

I'm from NJ, too, so I'm used to fast talking.  In fact, I remember once when someone accused me of talking too fast.

It's just too much to listen too, though, maybe because I'm older now, I don't know.  I just know I can't listen to it for very long.

Honored Contributor

Her rapid speaking has never truly bothered me, (like Susan G), but it also hasn't convinced me to buy a thing, especially shoes, which I gave up buying on QVC a good 8 years ago.  But I really would love to see her "heaven-ward" stare and appeal to the "gods" up there to stop.  It's so affected it makes my head hurt.  Conversely I'm very glad  that the Q has kept Jane on as I consider her one of their better hosts and as an older woman, very happy to see her continued employment. JMHO

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

She does talk fast, but she does not mumble and make up words.  She also has a decent voice for broadcasting.  One of the other hosts, female, called adorable by many, mumbles and flits around and honestly, I can't understand much of anything she says with her voice.  For that one, I mute.  Then if there is a product I am interested in ordering, I go online and check out the details to make my decision.  So, try that approach with Jane if you don't want to listen to her. 

Honored Contributor

You know, I usually have a hard time with hearing those who talk too fast but I give Jane a pass on everything. She makes me happy because she seems so happy in what she does.

I love her enthusiasm that seems genuine (even if its just she is a good sales person). The same for me with Susan Graver. 

I think they seem also to be sincerely nice people and I guess that is what attracts me and lets me listen and  like listening, even if I don't listen much to QVC live anymore.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Trusted Contributor

Jane hasn't always been like this.  At one time, and for a long time, she was my favorite host.  But not so much for the last year or two.  It's as if she's trying too hard.  There must be a lot of competition with all of the new hosts.  

Respected Contributor

I had to mute with Issac the other night with the TSV, I won't buy when someone tells me I need this!

Esteemed Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

she should put some socks on.....

@nana59  .. and put a sock in her mouth!!! 😂🤣

Honored Contributor

It's not just the fast talking, but the stories about everyone and everything going on in her life. Stopped watching her long before I stopped watching so much QVC.