Honored Contributor

Re: Jane is allowing Sue Clifton to talk alot!!!!

On 10/7/2014 allthatsgood said:
On 10/7/2014 stevieb said:

For whatever reason, and whether we like it or not..., QVC is pushing this whole 'connect with the hosts' thing... Like us on FB, send us your ideas about this, that, the other... The whole 'almost forgot I had to work' thing, while perhaps true, was just turned into another opportunity to solicit comments on Facebook... Clearly, management now expects this of hosts and hosts are in a position to have to comply... The products have largely become secondary and perhaps part of the reason for that stems from the incessant repetition. They don't necessarily want us to focus so exclusively on the product, lest we realize we've seen the same bags presented three times a day, week after week, and for ten to fifteen minutes each time... Clearly, there is a limited dialog that can ensue about these same bags. I like Sue too, but I also think it's important to remember that the vendors aren't necessarily there out of the goodness of the Q's heart for our enjoyment... The objective is to move the goods and I maintain the producers and hosts, based on feedback they get while the show is ongoing, are going to continue to make the calls as to how presentations will unfold...

AMEN and Thank you!!!!!

Hey All! Hoping all is good with you... I trust you've been behaving on the handbag front...? Do I recall that you were planning a trip...?

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

On 10/8/2014 stevieb said:

For whatever reason, and whether we like it or not..., QVC is pushing this whole 'connect with the hosts' thing... Like us on FB, send us your ideas about this, that, the other... The whole 'almost forgot I had to work' thing, while perhaps true, was just turned into another opportunity to solicit comments on Facebook... Clearly, management now expects this of hosts and hosts are in a position to have to comply... The products have largely become secondary and perhaps part of the reason for that stems from the incessant repetition. They don't necessarily want us to focus so exclusively on the product, lest we realize we've seen the same bags presented three times a day, week after week, and for ten to fifteen minutes each time... Clearly, there is a limited dialog that can ensue about these same bags. I like Sue too, but I also think it's important to remember that the vendors aren't necessarily there out of the goodness of the Q's heart for our enjoyment... The objective is to move the goods and I maintain the producers and hosts, based on feedback they get while the show is ongoing, are going to continue to make the calls as to how presentations will unfold...

AMEN and Thank you!!!!!

Hey All! Hoping all is good with you... I trust you've been behaving on the handbag front...? Do I recall that you were planning a trip...?

Super Contributor

On 10/8/2014 stevieb said:

AMEN and Thank you!!!!!

Hey girl! How are you? Finally survived the summer. Yes, I did go on a trip. I went home to northeastern NC. I had not been home in over 30 years. My daughter and granddaughter went with us then my son flew into Richmond and we picked him up there. Thank goodness it was not so hot and humid. Amazing changes in a hometown but as we know nothing is "ever the same. "Handbag behaving," do any of us who love bags ever behave "too long?" I bought two Florentine Chelsea's. One for me and one in Chestnut for my daughter for Christmas. I'm waiting for UPS to deliver a wallet today. The Dooney VIP sale will be coming up this month, so who knows. I keep thinking something in the Zip Zip, maybe Croco or Saffiano? Bet you have made some great purchases or have your eye on some. Also waiting for the "new and hopefully improved" Dooney website in Nov. Of course if new styles come with it, they won't be included in the "12 Days of Dooney." I have been somewhat disappointed in it the last couple of years. Oh, I almost forgot, I bought a Camilla in saddle. I thought the Tessuta line was pretty, but there's something about the weaving of the leather that looks thin when you take a closer look. I think over time it would wear and the woven leather will lose it's color. I think they are already at the outlets. Something tells me they were not as big a seller as Peter thought they would be. Of course as you and I both know, we both have enought bags to last us forever.
Honored Contributor

Hey All... Sounds like you had a good trip and that's wonderful... Going home again can be an interesting experience... I've been reasonably well behaved, handbag wise. I did just spring for the clearance price on an orange Gili tote, which I'd wanted for some time. Had ordered one when it was new, but mine was flawed so I sent it back. No new Dooneys for me lately. I've been focused on other brands and like you, just think Dooney, other than the high end stuff, has been a bit blah... Do want to add a Saffiano, and just wish the Zip Zip was a tad larger. Also wish they'd re-up the crocofino, as I liked the smaller pattern better than the larger croco... Also looking to add a Buckley, probably in Florentine, but I do like the Toledo leather and, in fact, the Toledo mail satchel is a favorite silhouette... Still want something in t'moro and now something in Bordeaux as well... but we'll see. Oh, I envy you the Camilla... I still think about that bag in the green croco, but short of it showing up on the 12 Days, I'll probably pass it up... Yes, the Tessuta doesn't seem to have wowed the public and I'm not thinking all the 'lock' styles did either... And to be sure, if I never bought another bags, I'd never go without one!

Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

Just a thought, is it possible the caller who wanted to hear more from Sue actually just meant she wanted more news from D&B? Not necessarily that the host wouldn't let the vendor talk but simply that she wanted the vendor to talk about some new stuff? Give up some secrets and things like that?

KJPA
Valued Contributor

On 10/9/2014 KJPA said:

Just a thought, is it possible the caller who wanted to hear more from Sue actually just meant she wanted more news from D&B? Not necessarily that the host wouldn't let the vendor talk but simply that she wanted the vendor to talk about some new stuff? Give up some secrets and things like that?

Of course it is possible...but sometimes people make it all about themselves because they do feel guilty.....

Trusted Contributor

On 10/9/2014 tough_kitty said:
On 10/9/2014 KJPA said:

Of course it is possible...but sometimes people make it all about themselves because they do feel guilty.....

TK - yeah, I thought that too. That's one reason I think it might just be a misunderstanding due to a poorly worded comment from a caller who meant nothing by it. Maybe everyone jumped to the wrong conclusion, beginning with the host. Or maybe not.....

{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

KJPA