Honored Contributor

Re: Ivanka Trump being sued over a few of her shoe designs. Hmmm....

@winamac1 wrote:

If it's a red-bottomed sole...I get it...I understand the lawsuit.  I have not read the particulars.  

@winamac1

Honored Contributor

Thank you for that picture! FYI: The Nordstrom anniversary catalog came out today and those shoes pictured but in 2 different colors are on many of the models; identical to the Wild Thing Shoe. CS told me they were not Ivanka Trump but some other HE line. Are they gonna be sued because they look MORE like the Wild Thing shoe brand than Invanka's, to be honest.

Esteemed Contributor

The Trumps are extremely and notoriously litigious ,I'm sure they're well prepared when it's incoming rather than outgoing also.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

If it's a red-bottomed sole...I get it...I understand the lawsuit.  I have not read the particulars.  

@winamac1

They certainly look ALMOST identical.  What confuses me is that vendors on HSN and QVC are always saying they copied this or that from someplace else.  Didn't Joan Rivers make copies of expensive things?  I remember Adrienne at HSN talking about how she's copied her expensive pieces of jewelry.  In the past, we've even seen some present the original real piece of jewelry along with the copy.  Uggs have been copied all over the place.  I'm confused as to why someone is suing over this when so much copying goes on.

Frequent Contributor

I would not say Ivanka's shoes are an exact copy as the straps on her shoes are wider.

To me, exact means everything is identical.

Honored Contributor

Let me preface this with I like Ivanka and have several pairs of her shoes.

Her line should have at least changed the color of those red shoes.  To my eyes, the black pair is very similar.

I seriously doubt this lawsuit has anything to do with her last name.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lulu2 wrote:

Let me preface this with I like Ivanka and have several pairs of her shoes.

Her line should have at least changed the color of those red shoes.  To my eyes, the black pair is very similar.

I seriously doubt this lawsuit has anything to do with her last name.

She offers the red style  in black and taupe as well. The company focused on the red ones, obviously.

Super Contributor

People as rich as the Trumps have to keep lawyers on the payroll to handle all the people who want their money.  Sad.

Honored Contributor

@aprildreams wrote:

People as rich as the Trumps have to keep lawyers on the payroll to handle all the people who want their money.  Sad.

Hmmm....yes and also to defend many, many very valid legal actions against them.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@Ms X wrote:

Ivanka Trump has some very nice Items in her line, and she is gorgeous.  Also gorgeous and fsbulous are Ivana and Melania Trump.  I don't think she needs to copy anyone.

Her shoes are just run-of-the-mill styles similar to many other brands on the market-- nothing sets them apart from the others, IMO. I think the lawsuit is strictly b/c of her name, and it will be interesting to see whether it's thrown out of court.

As far as she and her mother and stepmother being gorgeous, l disagree. I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~