Super Contributor

Re: It's a just a matter of time before COACH & QVC team up!!!!!

On 6/26/2014 chrystaltree said:

No way. QVC is in business to make money, they don't need COACH and customers don't want COACH.

I had 2 Coach handbags about 20 years ago and I gave them away...

:

I will never carry a Coach handbag.....

Trusted Contributor

This is what I was trying to share{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}(Well, editing to say I STILL can't paste the pic of the bag that I truly fell in love with; I guess Coach doesn't want me copying)

Last week-end, my Sis and I did a litle damage in a Coach retail store in Portland, OR. The sale they have going on is great! I don't know who the Customers are that are passing up Coach, but whenever I've been in their retail stores, they're busy. Obviously, at their price point, customers have to be more discerning, but, they always seem steadily busy.

The bag I posted, of course {#emotions_dlg.lol}is not in the sale. The new Madison Caryle Turnlock. $458.

The color is Olive Grey. Beautiful bag, lovely leather, unique, gunmetal hardware.

My experience with Coach has been outstanding quality. I've shopped their Outlets, too, and been very pleased with the quality of bags, accessories that I purchased.

A new Michael Kors store, has gone in next door to the Coach Store we were in. I like some of Kors work, but, a lot of the bags seem very heavy and sometimes too gaudy for my taste. The Kors store was not busy at all, when we were there, but, I think having Coach with a sale next door, not a fair time to judge.

NWT Coach 25215 Madison Madeline Signature Needlepoint RARE Black SatchelCOACH MADISON Small Madeline Khaki OP ART NEEDLEPOINT SATCHEL Bag 25215 $278This is the style of bag that I actually purchased, except that mine has a khaki body and black leather trim. Very sharp looking. Go with everything bag, a good day size; not large but plenty of room for the essentials. I'm a Diettian in a large Catholic Hospital. I have to go to a fair share of work related meetings and meetings with Dr's, other medical teams members, patients and families, etc. I wanted a nice, classic, fairly basic bag, for work, and I think this one will work very well.

Trusted Contributor

QVC had Coach on maybe 20 years ago.

Esteemed Contributor

Originally Coach sold high quality leather bags. Most of the bags now are fabric or coated cotton with glittery extras. Yes, they still make leather goods as well, but, the quality is just not the same.

It is sad that the decisions of higher ups will cause others to lose their jobs.

Respected Contributor

"It's a just"...OMG, cracks me up!!!

What does this mean....."their (they are) now $35.00"-

No, Coach would not be on QVC simply because sales have dropped! What would make you think that just because a company isn't doing well, that they would immediately want to partner with an online shopping channel? And why would QVC be "to the rescue"? Silly.

Respected Contributor

I am in the minority, but I still love Coach bags. As a brand, Coach brings great memories for me. As a teenager I would admire their leather bags and couldn't wait for the moment to own one. I have actually bought three leather Coach bags in the last 3-4 years, two very recently and they are all top notch in terms of quality and craftsmanship. I also love the fact they brought back many of the classic styles.

While it is true that many Coach styles have the C's and the logo all over the bag, so do Michael Kors, D & B, Louis Vuitton, Gucci etc..... Therefore, just because Coach or any other handbag manufacturer decides to make those bags, it does mean in my humble opinion that we should discard the whole brand. Coach keeps making those bags because they sell period; there is a segment of their customer base that keeps buying them.

In terms of Coach's outlet stores, I understand how this takes away the exclusivity of owning a Coach bag. However, I appreciate being able to buy such a high quality bag at a great price. There are only a handful of luxury brands that never go on sale. Macy's and other stores allow the purchase of Coach, D & B and MK etc. with their friends and family discount so if you do not want to pay full price, you really do not have to. Manufacturers need to also be able to move past season's merchandise especially when they bring out so many new styles per year.

No one should be happy that people are losing jobs. I worked for many years in the apparel and accessories fashion industry in NYC for various manufacturers in corporate and was laid off a couple times. It is really sad when the company you work for is not doing well.

~Live with Intention~
Honored Contributor

I've bought two Coach bags recently and love them both. One is a black jacquard fabric bag, with the C's and silver hardware. Really nice looking- got it for 50% off at the Coach store (regular store, not outlet). I like it so much that I bought one just like it for my stepson's wife for Christmas.

Then I bought myself a leather tote in the color black violet- from a regular store, on sale.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

Coach girl chiming in.........I got my leather Bleeker Perforated Tote this spring from the regular Coach site....also had a 25% off coupon, so got first quality with a discount. All I can say is the quality is first class.....I've carried it non-stop since early spring (and even on my vacation).....I don't baby it (but, also don't abuse it), and the quality is perfect. If I took my things out of it now and stuffed it with tissue, you'd think it was new.....

I don't care for most of the bags in the outlet.....when I shop there, I'm usually looking for accessories or outerwear (love their jackets).

Trusted Contributor

Coach has been a mess for several years. They lost 50% of their market share the majority of which has gone to Michael Korrs and Kate Spade. Coach no longer knows who their customer is and they can't seem to find anyone to bring on board to add some life to their aging line. They actually had a new Chief Creative Office announced last year and that person changed their mind and never came. Things must be pretty bad . Then again, I was never a big Coach follower though I LOVE LOVE LOVE Kate Spade. and own at least 25 Kate Spade bags, clothing, shoes etc.

Super Contributor

I would never buy Coach either. Over rated, over done, and I personally think they all are ugly as can be . JMHO.