Respected Contributor

Re: It finally happened to me.

Thanks for the info, TY1. The clogs that fell apart on me were about seven years old so I'm not sure that Clarks would not consider that to be a normal lifespan for a shoe. In any case, I've already thrown them out. I'll be more vigilant when buying future shoes with those molded soles!

Honored Contributor

From the Clarks website:

How do I return a defective product?
We strive to make premium products with the best possible materials and unsurpassed craftsmanship. That is why we stand behind everything we make and will replace shoes that have a defect in craftsmanship or materials.

If you believe your shoes have a defect in craftsmanship or materials, simply return them to the store where they were purchased with your receipt. If they are unable to honor your return, please contact our Consumer Services Team online or call us at 800-211-5461, and we will be happy to help you.

Respected Contributor

@lolakimono

Unfortunately, I purchased these shoes about seven years ago at Ross and I don't have the receipt anymore. Do you think Clarks would still be inclined to do anything? 

Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse wrote:

@lolakimono

Unfortunately, I purchased these shoes about seven years ago at Ross and I don't have the receipt anymore. Do you think Clarks would still be inclined to do anything? 

@Texasmouse

You wouldn't be out anything for asking.  My coworker had squeaky boots and returned them to a Clarks retail store without a receipt.  She went in wearing them and walked out with a new pair. 

Respected Contributor

@lolakimono

I just sent an email to Clarks. I'll let you know what they tell me. Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

If you take them to the Clarks outlet they will give you store credit to buy another pair of shoes. Their customer service is FABULOUS at Clarks!

Respected Contributor

Thanks, Major Shopper! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Update: I contacted Clarks customer service via email and they were pretty quick to respond. They asked me for information about the shoes, including two photos and the numbers stamped on the inside. I gave them what they asked for and again, they were quick to respond and told me that it appears the shoes were manufactured in 2006 and it was normal for deterioration of this sort to take place over time. They offered me 25% off a pair of shoes ordered from them (over the phone only) as consolation. This offer is good for one year. Given their response, I'm not sure I'd have more success taking the shoes to my nearest outlet (an hour's drive away) in hopes of trading them in for a new pair.