Honored Contributor

Re: Is this the same color Dooney?

On 1/14/2015 stevieb said:
On 1/14/2015 EdithEllenLily said:

Hi jaxs mom: About a year ago or so I had a similar quest regarding the Dooney orange colors. I bought an accessory set from QVC that had a very small cosmetic, a key fob and a credit card case in orange, thinking of course I can find a handbag to match. Well, Dooney has several shades of orange! I ordered from several places and even looked at the Dooney outlet store to no avail. In doing so, I found that "orange" is lighter in color than "tangerine" (aren't the true fruits like that?!). Anyway, I gave up finding a Dooney orange bag to go with my accessory set and ended up using the set in a small croco G.I.L.I. in orange. http://www.qvc.com/G.I.L.I.-Leather-Mini-Barrel-Crossbody.product.A253950.html?sc=A253950-User&cm_s...

So, you may find out that Dooney tangerine is darker than Dooney orange, but if you don't mind that it blends, you'll be just fine!

Good luck with it, EEL

Shouldn't you be baking a casserole or something...?

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Mr. Lily is LOL, stevieb...{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

On 1/14/2015 jaxs mom said:
On 1/14/2015 stevieb said:
On 1/14/2015 EdithEllenLily said:

Hi jaxs mom: About a year ago or so I had a similar quest regarding the Dooney orange colors. I bought an accessory set from QVC that had a very small cosmetic, a key fob and a credit card case in orange, thinking of course I can find a handbag to match. Well, Dooney has several shades of orange! I ordered from several places and even looked at the Dooney outlet store to no avail. In doing so, I found that "orange" is lighter in color than "tangerine" (aren't the true fruits like that?!). Anyway, I gave up finding a Dooney orange bag to go with my accessory set and ended up using the set in a small croco G.I.L.I. in orange. http://www.qvc.com/G.I.L.I.-Leather-Mini-Barrel-Crossbody.product.A253950.html?sc=A253950-User&cm_s...

So, you may find out that Dooney tangerine is darker than Dooney orange, but if you don't mind that it blends, you'll be just fine!

Good luck with it, EEL

Shouldn't you be baking a casserole or something...?

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

She's busy being an enabler lol

Speaking of enablers... I occasionally see these wristlets displayed with the wallets at TJ Maxx and Marshall's. They don't always have Dooney, but they do from time to time and when they do, I often see it in black. I've also seen them by Kors, Issac and Lauren in a variety of colors, but I think you probably are trying to match the Dooney pebble.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

On 1/14/2015 Lavenderjunkie said:

There is no way to know if the colors are the same unless you see them in person. Dooney uses the same name for different colors in different collections and different names for the same color in different collections. Dooney also has several leathers they call pebbled leather and they are not all exactly the same.

The LL is a QVC exclusive. The naming might be Q's or Dooney's.

This!