Esteemed Contributor

Is there a shoe you can recommend

for narrow heels?  All of the "orthopedic shoes" I have, have wide heels.and slip up and down on my feet.

Even my Clarks have to have a collar around the back to be comfortable.  Their newer shoes do not have one.

TIA.  Hoping for happy feet!

Honored Contributor

Re: Is there a shoe you can recommend

Do you wear a narrow width?

If so, look online at Maryland Square.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I usually wear a Med width shoe.  Closed heels just don't fit!

Trusted Contributor

@Zhills wrote:

I usually wear a Med width shoe.  Closed heels just don't fit!

@Zhills    Have you tried the Spring Step brand?   They are a European fit.  Because they seem to run a little shorter, the heels don't slip on me.   

Honored Contributor

I wear a medium B width shoe but I've never seen them offered with narrow heels, which I could also use.  The heel is proportionate to the width so narrow widths have narrow heels.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

You might check Foot Smart.  They offer many types of pads and stick ons to help get a custom fit.

You might also check ebay for new with tag shoes in the style you like.

Respected Contributor

Trotters run narrow. I have a narrow foot but depending on the style, can sometimes wear a medium in this brand. I’ve bought them for years. They have some Mary Jane styles which help to keep your foot in the shoe.

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

Munro

Esteemed Contributor

@Zhills Born and other shoes made by them like BOC run narrow.  Can't speak about the heel, but they do tend to run narrow.  It's a good comfort shoe too.  Check it out, can't hurt!  Good luck.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Respected Contributor

@Zhills   As @Foxxee said check Maryland Square.  They have a decent selection of shoes in narrow widths starting with "Super Slim" and other narrow and true narrow widths including 4, 3, and 2A.

The  "heel slippage" is most annoying.  I know it well since I am a 7.5 with a 4A toe and a 5A heel.

Before the wonders of internet shopping were available and shoes stores that carried a good range of narrow widths grew more and more scarce in Conneecticut, where I lived for decades, I used to take a Metro North train into Manhattan to try to find narrow shoes there and had better luck.

Then I discovered Maryland Square and ordered from them via their  catalogue and online.  They have an effective filtering system to aid in narrowing your choice by size, width, style and brand.   At the bottom of the main page is the place you can request a catalogue.  There is often a code for a discount on the catalogues and they send e-mails quite often, too, with sales, alerts, etc.

Best  wishes for a successful shoe search.  Wearing a pair of shoes that fit correctly is pure joy!

aroc3435

Washington, DC