Respected Contributor

Re: Is it just me with narrow heels?

@SeaMaiden  I feel your pain!  I have 2A toes and 3A heels.  I HATE buying shoes.  I remember walking out of my AAA shoe in the middle of Lexington Ave in NYC while jay-walking.  

Since living in Florida, I'm lucky that I can wear sandals most of the time.  I wear an 8.  Can't size down in closed-toe shoes, because they are too short.  I can't buy anything that isn't an AA or AAA.  I size down to a 7 in sandals.  Even then, most are too wide.  I have very limited choices.  Buying boots, when I lived in snow country, was a real nightmare!  Nothing fit.  

Respected Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

I have a problem with shoes slipping at the heel. I hate it.

Ryka was the only tennis shoe I found that did not slip. Bought a pair of Brooks & they fit really well. No slipping. I like clogs or mules so I don't have to worry about the fit in my heel area.

@Nightowlz .... I recently discovered Brooks.  LOVE THEM!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I just ordered heel inserts from Amazon that are insole and heel cushion for the back of the shoe.

Esteemed Contributor

No, it's not just you with narrow heels. As you get older, some women also lose the cushioning in their heels and feet -- I'm one of them. Lots of pumps don't work for me because I have a medium wide forefoot and a narrow heel. I use Dr Scholl's heel liners for a lot of my shoes. They come in a 3 pack and you apply them so that it looks like a frown rather than a smile on the back of the inside heel of the shoe. I think that's why I prefer open back clogs and mules where heel fit isn't an issue.

Image result for Dr Scholls heel liners for her pinterest

Honored Contributor

Are you sure you don't just have narrow feet?  I wear a 12 narrow shoe (when I was younger I wore an 11 slim).  I walk right out of a medium shoe and even some brands of narrows I cannot wear because they are too wide.  I have never found the heel pads helpful.  I have learned which brands of shoes make narrows and buy them on-line.  None of those brands are on QVC.  

Honored Contributor

You just described my feet.  I call them duck feet.  My heels are very narrow so that when I buy a pair of shoes, the toe fit but the heel part is always too wide.  I can't tell you how many times I walked right out of my shoes or how much money I spent on inner soles,  heel cups, pads ets.  That's why I love mules, sandals and boots.  I've pretty much given up pumps and flats.  Mules are having a moment now so I am right in style!  I bought these recently.

mules.jpg

Honored Contributor

@TY wrote:

No, it's not just you with narrow heels. As you get older, some women also lose the cushioning in their heels and feet -- I'm one of them. Lots of pumps don't work for me because I have a medium wide forefoot and a narrow heel. I use Dr Scholl's heel liners for a lot of my shoes. They come in a 3 pack and you apply them so that it looks like a frown rather than a smile on the back of the inside heel of the shoe. I think that's why I prefer open back clogs and mules where heel fit isn't an issue.

I tried more of Image result for Dr Scholls heel liners for her pinterest

Tried many versions of those, never worked for me because it's not just a matter of a shoe slipping or rubbing my heel.  My entire heel is too narrow for the heel cup of the shoe.  

Respected Contributor

Whenever I use those smiley adhesive things on the back of my shoes, they roll, making a mess.

Respected Contributor

I definitely do not have narrow heels.   However,  in the last couple of years I have found some shoes that just fall off my heel.  It is like they are not formed right to cup your heel.   I also have found that if it does not fit right all the inserts and heel helpers etc. do not really work.  

Valued Contributor

Glad I found this thread and the suggestions to help with heel slippage.  I have wide feet, always have, but am finding my heels slipping around in shoes.  I am sitting with a 7.5W and 8W Easy Spirit boot on trying to decide if I keep the 8 will I be annoyed by how much my heel moves around, or the 7.5 and my big toe is a bit cramped.  I'm going to try a heel pad as some of you have shown.  Thanks!