Respected Contributor

Is This Louis Vuitton website legit?

My husband was sent an email from a cheapestlouisvuittonhandbags.com and the prices are unbelievable, meaning super affordable. Is this for real? Does anyone know anything about it? Thank you in advance!

Honored Contributor

Re: Is This Louis Vuitton website legit?

Louis Vuitton has the tightest rein on their product out there! NO WEBSITE OUT THERE sells authentic Louis Vuitton except their own website Louis Vuitton.com. They used to own another website that they sold their product on a few years ago, but the counterfeiters copied the name down except they changed the "com" to "net". It confused the public so not long after, LV took the website down and proceeded to sell their product only on their one and only site.

As far as selling in exclusive department stores... LV leases the counter space, so in essence LV owns the counter space and provides their own employees to sell their product. The LV products sold at Neiman Marcus, et al are sold by LV employees only at counter space that LV leases, you'll never find a Neiman Marcus employee manning the counter. A store coupon, etc. would not apply to LV's merchandise there or any other store where LV leases counter space.

Louis Vuitton never wholesales. Never. They do not distribute their products to other retailers to sell. Their items never go on sale, are never discounted or clearanced out. If a style or piece has been on the shelf too long it is sent back to the factory of origin and destroyed... {#emotions_dlg.crying} They do not allow any other manufacturer to make their logos, so if you see fabrics with their Logos, LV did not make them, or cell phone skins, etc. Right now, LV does not make any of those fabrics or skins. But if they did, LV alone would be the ones selling it. This is how LV keeps track of their product.

AND, if you want something brand new made by Louis Vuitton, the only way to get it is to buy it from Louis Vuitton at full retail at either their Boutiques or their leased counter spaces at select high end Dept Stores or on line on their only website. Smile

Hope this helps....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

FYI.............if it sounds too good to be true........it probably is too good to be true.

Honored Contributor

Regarding fakes.... Just to clarify, I do authentications on Louis Vuittons and have for many years. The counterfeits have gotten so extremely good in the last ten years that it is virtually impossible to tell the difference. Unfortunately, many of these items have been absorbed into the authentic bag community passing as authentic, so buying second hand requires some due diligence from the buyer. Make sure you have the item looked at prior to buying a pre-loved bag. Yes, many of us can tell tell the difference from photos but the pictures have to be clear, close up and many of them.

However, there are minute details that those of us who have an eye for it (and remember it) that can discern some fakes from authentic. One newer style for example is so right on that there is only ONE small, tiny detail that will give it away! It has gotten so bad that even I refuse to purchase a newer style second hand, they are that good I won't chance it. I will buy full retail at the Boutique or a vintage bag that I'm sure of.

So be very careful out there.... Smile

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Regular Contributor

NO!! Probably not! My neighbor went on one of those sites and bought a purse for like $200. The purse actually did arrive, and we took it to the Louis Vuitton store and it was a fake, a great fake, but a fake none the less. My concern was that she would get charges on her credit card that weren't hers, as this was NOT a legit site. Thankfully, she did NOT!!! Louis Vuitton DOES NOT have an outlet or discount stores. They are fakes and I would be scared that God knows who would have access to your info. Sorry!!!

Regular Contributor

I read an article recently about a movie star that bought a counterfeit Hermes bag and paid what you would pay for an authentic Hermes! It was a similar situation where she bought it from a webiste she found online. I can't remember who the star was, but it was a younger girl. There are SO many scam artists out there it's scary! When my mom passed away, we had an estate sale and I had a brand new, never used Louis Vuitton Speedy 25 bag. It still had the cheese cloth on the handles and all the tags on it. I bought it at SAKS along with the Alma bag. I could'nt make up my mind! Well, the Speedy 25 was much too small for me. I had a terrible accident and surgery and then my mom was diagnosed with cancer, so by the time I was alble to return it, it had been over a year and they would not take it back. It had sat in my closet for a couple years, so I decided to try and sell it at the Estate Sale. A woman bought it and said she would give it to her son to give to this girl he had been dating for a couple months! 1 month later she called me harrassing me claiming it was a fake! I knew it wasn't and felt she was trying to scam me. She harrassed me, my sister and my brother. I told her to take me to the magistrate and literally gave her directions on how to get there. She would'nt do that! Then she tried to make a claim against my mothers estate, which she could not do. She sent pictures of the bag to our attorney handling the estate and that WAS NOT my bag! It was all wrapped in celophane and I could tell it was not mine. Again, I told her to take me to the magistrate, and she refused to do that. That woman, who was in her 60's tried to scam me. Thank God I never heard from her again!!