Respected Contributor

Re: Is Sally still with Earth ?

@amyb 

Thank you.  I am an "Old Person" and not up on the wonders of modern technology!  I had no idea about sales like that.  I thought Facebook was just a place like a "brag book;" everyone puts the minutiae of their lives on Facebook for others to OO and aah over. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@maximillian wrote:

@amyb 

Thank you.  I am an "Old Person" and not up on the wonders of modern technology!  I had no idea about sales like that.  I thought Facebook was just a place like a "brag book;" everyone puts the minutiae of their lives on Facebook for others to OO and aah over. 

Aw, lol...well it basically started as such, and still is. haha. Lots of bragging and just connecting with others. However, over the years, businesses (including, as you might know, also QVC)...sell and market their goods over Facebook. In fact, just as I got off here from answering you, I happened to go to Facebook, and Sally was doing a show...she just finished. Maybe have a younger person you know show you sometime if you are curious to see how it's done. Smiley Happy. Also, you don't have to have a Facebook account to go on there and look at things, you just wouldn't be able to do certain things like post your own comments etc...but I believe you could see the LUGLive shows by going to their Facebook page. Again...that would be if you were that curious and had someone to help you with it, if it's too unknown to you. Hope that explains it better for you. It's a learning curve for a lot of people of all ages... Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

One more thing @maximillian ...after things are safe, if you are able to go to your local library...I know ours always had people there to show "older folks" or anyone who needed help learning, all these types of technology on the library computers...very helpful. Sometimes they held particular classes about certain things like Facebook etc. My dad, before he passed started to learn things on the computer at the library. Anyway, something to think about.