Honored Contributor

I broke my hip last Fall, and I am afraid to wear my Clarks Flip Flops.

I am currently wearing a pair of IM that were the TSV over two years ago

I have ordered at least 10 pairs of shoes from Amazon and none are right.

I need a cute supportive shoe or sandal for the Summer

Thanks all

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Re: In Need of Summer Footwear

How about something like this, that works with black and brown?

@I am still oxox 

Pair View

Respected Contributor

Have you've tried Birkenstocks?  I wear them all the time.  Love em'!

Honored Contributor

If you need a supportive shoe, don't get a sandal, any sandal.  They can be made to support your arch but they won't support your foot.  If it's important to be sure-footed, you need your whole foot supported. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox 

These are from Keen, and they get great reviews.  This shoe comes in a lot of colors and it would be great for the pool.

Top View

Pair View

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox 

This Mephisto (Eva) one comes in three colors, but I'm posting the red so that you can see the details.

Pair View

Front View

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox 

I know that there are Jambu lovers here, but I haven't tried them.

The style is "Mystic."

Pair View

Front View

Esteemed Contributor

My first thought was a supportive sneaker of which there are many styles and colors.  Google for recommendations from foot doctors.  I get cute is important and as much as I love my Clarks flip flops, when I want to be really sure footed, it's sneakers. especially for summer.

Respected Contributor

I have support issues as well. I wear my closed in shoes all summer. Sandals allow my foot to slip, and I have been known to fall off them. It is just not worth the risk.

For years salespeople have tried to get me into tennis shoes. They are the most uncomfortable shoe I have ever tried.  I recently spoke with another lady who had the same issue with sneakers and athletic shoes.

My doctor told me, "You wouldn't worry so much about what others think if you knew how little they did."  I think that may have been said by Eleanor Roosevelt but I have not researched it.

As for summer looks, I only wear full length pants or jeans to hide my foot and leg issues. Make the party at the top. Choose fun, summer shirts with lots of pop. (No plain tees for me.) If weather permits accessorize with great jewelry. Draw people's eyes up away from feet and shoes.

No amount of fashion is worth the risk of injury. Good luck to you in finding what works!

Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox  I answered some of your question in a previous response but I did not tag you so you may not have read it yet. I stopped that post and checked a website so I could suggest a shoe source. I wear the "Dream Slip-on Loafer" from SAS shoes. I have it in several colors. This not the dowdy shoe my mother wore. They have really upped their game style-wise. The closed in shoes are on the back pages since it is summer. The price is for pure leather that just never seems to wear wear out. I am sitting here in a pair of 6 year old shoes that are my house shoes. I wear every day. They have all kinds of widths, so I can fit my narrow foot.

On a personal note I lived in the San Antonio area for many years, and shopped at their stores. SAS is short for San Antonio Shoes which are just the best. Google them to get the web site. I don't know if it is ok to post that here. Hope you find something that works.