Respected Contributor

Re: If you've had to give up heels, have you adapted?

[ Edited ]

I gave up heels years ago. It took me about a minute to adapt and savor the difference.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

All I can say is I never wore pointed toed or very high thin heels so my feet are in good condition. I wear about two inch heels at the most..

Valued Contributor

Sorry to be smug but I never wore higher heeled shoes for the reason that I wanted to avoid damage to my feet. But also as a 70's young adult, they really were not in fashion and when they were, as a Feminist I just couldn't see catering to men and damaging my feet to do so. I think the lesson of Japanese women stayed with me...

Honored Contributor

I haven't been forced to give up high heels; I just did.  We moved to Hawaii 7 years ago and even in the workplace (for the most part), the dress codes are not as strict, so I gave up the suits and matching pumps for Aloha dresses and birkenstocks.  Now when I try to wear a pair of high heels, it's UGLY!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Trusted Contributor

@SurferWife

Lucky YOU!

Honored Contributor

I like about a one inch platform under the front going to a two inch platform under the heel for work.  In a heel, I don't go over two and a half.

london fly slip on heels - Google Search

Image result for london fly slip on heels