Respected Contributor

If you like Skechers with faux fur lining slip-on shoes...

I was in Walmart this morning and saw similar slip-on shoes by Danskin.  I have narrow feet which sometimes keeps me from being able to wear less expensive shoes.  I decided to try them on, in my normal size 8 and they are perfect.  They fit my narrow feet like a glove and are very warm.  I got navy to wear with jeans, but they had black and tan also.  Here's the best part... $12.98.  I'm not usually a Walmart shopper, but these shoes were a great find.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: If you like Skechers with faux fur lining slip-on shoes...

I bought them all from here. Paid about $50 more but love my Skechers. I will look for maybe other colors since Walmart is a short walk that I take almost everyday.

Respected Contributor

I would be in trouble if I only lived a short walk from a Walmart. I love my sketchers too and pay in the $50 but worth it. These Danskins sound worth checking out. Please post back.

Respected Contributor

Oh dang!  I just was in Walmart earlier today, and did not look at the shoes.  Man Sad

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Respected Contributor

I love Skechers too.  I was planning to order this style from Skechers because I've completely worn out the two pairs that I have.  I can honestly say that these Danskins fit better and are just as comfortable as my Skechers.  I had my Skechers Short boots with faux fur lining on when I was shopping and immediately changed into my new slip-ons when I got home.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Many years ago - long before we had any Walmarts in our area, we went to a wedding in Baton Rouge in March. Well, we did not expect it to be so warm (we are from Pennsylvania). So we happened to pass a Walmart. We went into Walmart to get clothing that were not as heavy as what we brought.

I bought shorts - yes shorts in March and a pair of Danskin slip on shoes. Those shoes held up so well. I had a pair of Clarks that looked similar (at home). I threw out those Clarks many years ago but I still have the Danskin. They are a bit worn but I put them for walking in the backyard.

I have on occasion looked in Walmart to buy another pair but never found any like them. Will have to look again.

Honored Contributor

I love Danskin products.  I have been buying and wearing Danskin since I was a child.  They used to be an expensive brand.

I also have the Sketchers shoes with faux fur inside.  I actually have three black and one chocolate brown pair.  I get a new pair every year because they do not hold up well.  They are comfortable, but look ugly after one  season and then I just wear them around the house. I am wearing a pair right now.

thanks for the heads up.  I will check them out at Walmart.  That price is a bargain and I know that Danskin is a good name brand.  If I get one seasons wear out of them that will be great.

Respected Contributor

My husband has been wearing a pair for while around the house and I thought they were skechers but he said he got them at Walmart. He said they are not as well padded as skechers but make good house shoes.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for the heads up ~ looks like I'll be dtopping by Walmart today ~

Funny story about my Sketchers that were just like these but slip on ( no back ) 

My son ( who has autism ) loves bringing stuff to good will~ So I had a bag of items in a hefty trash bag on my closet floor ~ so he takes the bag and puts it in my car ~ a few days later I cannot find my only 3 week old sketchers ~ well they were right by the bag and he thought I was giving those away and put themin the bag !  He now knows to ask before  putting anything in the Goodwill bag  ! 

Respected Contributor

@chiclet wrote:

My husband has been wearing a pair for while around the house and I thought they were skechers but he said he got them at Walmart. He said they are not as well padded as skechers but make good house shoes.

@chiclet The pair that I bought has much firmer support than my Skechers.  They feel really good.