Regular Contributor

Re: If you Owned Vera Bradley...

bring more solid colors and not just the intense colors of blue and red (and black). I would love to see solid colors in a range of hues. I got rid of my Vera Bradley bags because I hated the contrast of my print bags with the prints on my clothing. Plus I think they are overpriced. Many of their quilted bags cost as much as leather bag on sale. That makes no sense.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree with just about everything you've all said, but would like to add that the VB prints offered here I find sub-par from an artistic and coloration perspective. To me, at least 60% of them are downright ugly. The ones I would purchase go so quickly, I've always lost out on a purchase.

Shortly after I retired and had some time on my hands, I took a look at VB goods: not the VB offered at the Q and really like a lot more of what I saw. Coincidentally, several months later as we were transferring flights in Vegas, I dropped into a big gift shop and found a terrific VB wallet. That thing just about flew at me, I loved it so much. The colors, print, vibrancy - all in one package. Love it!

Thanks for this thread. I'll be on the look-out in the months to come. It'll be interesting to see where corporate takes VB.

Honored Contributor

Vera bags were actually better when I started using them. I still love them for the "JOY" , but buy much less, because of the fewer zippers, less secure closings, changing designs ......Still a fan, but a much more careful buyer than in the past.
Super Contributor

I love VB but I've never used any of their printed bags as a real handbag. I own about three totes and two weekender bags. I now own two of their solid colored, quilted, microfiber cross body bags which I am very happy with. I got the first one that is black on the Q and love it so much I went to the VB site and ordered the fuchsia color which the Q never offered. I paid full price for it but it is worth it to me since I really like the bag. I see they are now offered real leather wallets etc. I think they are being smart by bringing in solid items. Not every one wants a printed everything.

Honored Contributor

On 2/1/2015 Denise in PA said:

It is my understanding that VB bags are no longer made in USA. I would return production to the USA.

Fewer release of new patterns - they come out so quickly. Give us time to use the current patterns/

AMEN to everything you said!!!!!!!! BRAVA!!!!!

Occasional Contributor

I'd make some with solids on the outside with coordinated colors on the inside. I do not think solids are boring. I think they're classy. My husband bought me two bags for Christmas and each time I see them I wish they didn't have a print. Otherwise I like the bags.
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I buy the totes for my knitting and I love the wristlets and buy a lot of those. I like them in my purse to keep my checkbook and pen in. I have them in all different colors to go with my purses. I like the new microfiber items a lot. I would like to see more of those but with a different lining. They all have the same lining.

Super Contributor

I am really disappointed that they are adding leather to their line, I started buying VB precisely because they do not use leather. Smaller prints would be nice, I like the coordinated prints inside. I agree with those that would like to see more solid colors, not just black and that bright blue. They need to change the wristlets to accomodate larger phones.

Trusted Contributor

I would stop doing leather details on bags, and stick to fabric.

Would definitely make more solid microfiber handbags

Would design a cross body bag that is larger, has more depth, and a strap that adjusts to at least 24-26" long.

These are my desires.

Occasional Contributor

I used to love VB bags when they were well made.....when the inside of the bag and the pockets were quilted and the inside lining was sewn to the outside of the bag. You could feel the solid construction. Now the linings are inferior quality material that is not quilted nor sewn to the outside of the bag and they fell cheap. In some of the bags when you try to remove an item from an inside pocket the whole lining of the bag tries to come out.

I too would like to see more solid color microfiber bags and I especially want a bright interior lining on a purse so I can see what's inside. The vibrant patterns both inside and outside are usually just too much for me.

I have a whole closet full of older bags and patterns that I love and will continue to use until they wear out. But the new stuff....not so much.