Super Contributor

If Dansco looks better than Birkenstocks, I must need glasses!

People complained that Birkenstocks looked clunky, ugly, and "hippie." I don't know what happened, but Q doesn't carry them any more. I know there are other places to buy them, but Q always had cute patterns and different styles.

Now we have Dansko and the other high-priced lines that look like men's shoes, and they are even men's soles and cheap-looking IMO) patent patterns.

My Birkenstocks next to Danskos are gorgeous. People always comment on my cute Birks.

What's the deal? If Birks are ugy, then Danskos are beyond ugly! I wish Q would bring back Birks!

tea

Respected Contributor

Re: If Dansco looks better than Birkenstocks, I must need glasses!

I agree.  I tried Dansco, but they are clunky, heavy and really hard to wear.  Not much to look at either.  Wish HSN would bring in Birks.  Miss them.  

Respected Contributor

FYI Costco also has the Dansco for $75 for those who like these

Regular Contributor

I totally agree. Dansco are ugly & expensive. I work in a dental office. I am the only hygienist on staff who isn't clomping around the office. One patient asked if they all had bad feet because they were all wearing the same identical ugly shoe!! He said they all looked like they were wearing Frankenstein shoes!!!

I refuse to budge on buying them!

Honored Contributor

I love my black holographic Danskos.

It's not a matter of needing glasses, it's a matter of people having different tastes. If you don't think QVC is catering to your tastes anymore, call them and ask for Birks or shop elsewhere.

There's no need for you to call someone else's baby ugly because you don't think he's as pretty as your own.

Honored Contributor

A good alternative to Birkis is Alegria.  They are not nearly as heavy and I'll-fitting as Dansko and some of the other clogs.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I can wear my Danskos all day, very comfortable. If I am going in NYC for a day in the FalL or winter that is my shoe.

As to what happened to Birks--Vionics they probably got more profit from the Vionics

I love birkenstocks too

Respected Contributor

Folks have been wearing these for 25 yrs for a reason. They are NOT "ugly" or "ill-fitting."  I looove my tooled black leather Danskos for winter and I love my Birkenstocks for summer.  My feet are in as good a shape as they have ever been after years of pain and I owe it all to these TWO shoes!!!

Honored Contributor

That's all I used to wear... Birkis!  I absolutely loved them for years and years....

But I have to admit that the Q was favoring the Birki Buck instead of real leather and the real leather molds to the foot and that's all I bought.  

I've never tried Dansco,

I thought the Vionics was like walking on rocks (tried them in Dillards) and have never bought a pair.

I love Algreia  Woman LOL  

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

Hint to "my opinion" ladies. The more perjoratives you think you need to support your "opinion", the weaker your statement becomes!

You can totally dislike something without making impassioned comments about it. Your "opinion" doesn't impact my buying/wearing habits either way!