Contributor

Does anyone know the name or model number of this Coach satchel? It's gray leather, appears vintage. (Tried to post the photo, but this forum wouldn't let me--it found a "naughty word" somewhere, probably in the code, so here's the page site. TIA.):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/authentic-coach-handbags-/261715966804?pt=US_CSA_WH_Handbags&hash=item3cef7c...

Honored Contributor

Re: Identify this Coach bag?

I would ask to see the leather tag inside the bag, i am very untrusting of Coach bags sold on e bay Smiley Sad

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Super Contributor

Try Coach Legacy Garcia.

Someone asked the seller a question about the model number; if you scroll below to the question/answer section. The seller responded with this number: F0893-12705

Btw, I think F suggests it's a factory-made bag (made for the outlets), but I'm not sure of this. I thought the F came after the dash. Maybe someone can confirm.

If you google that number and coach, you'll get the info that it's a Legacy Garcia bag. Here are some other ebay listings for that bag:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/COACH-Legacy-GARCIA-Putty-Gray-Leather-Soft-Satchel-Handbag-12705-/151282674...

OP, you didn't ask for additional advice, and I'm not sure you are contemplating buying the bag anyway, but just in case you are, I do think it's important to be careful if buying coach from ebay. Check feedback at the very least. The seller has only two sales so far- which would dissuade me from dropping money on a coach with him/her.

To be fair, s/he seems friendly and aboveboard otherwise. (Responded quickly to the request for more info and posted clear enough pictures). I would ask her to post a picture of the leather tag inside and then make sure it looks authentic. You'll find lots of info online on how to tell a fake coach bag.

Honored Contributor

On 12/28/2014 Arizona CR said:

Does anyone know the name or model number of this Coach satchel? It's gray leather, appears vintage. (Tried to post the photo, but this forum wouldn't let me--it found a "naughty word" somewhere, probably in the code, so here's the page site. TIA.):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/authentic-coach-handbags-/261715966804?pt=US_CSA_WH_Handbags&hash=item3cef7c...

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

""Does anyone know the name or model number of this Coach satchel?""

Ask the seller

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Contributor

Thanks, all, for the info (especially MustBuyLess). That was me who queried the seller; the low # of transactions on ebay for this person will probably nix this particular bag, but now I know what to watch for. Most helpful.

Super Contributor

On 12/28/2014 Arizona CR said:

Thanks, all, for the info (especially MustBuyLess). That was me who queried the seller; the low # of transactions on ebay for this person will probably nix this particular bag, but now I know what to watch for. Most helpful.

You're most welcome, Arizona CR. I wondered if it was you who asked for the number. I feel bad for the seller, but she should consider selling less pricey items first on ebay to make sure she builds a reputation. In addition, she could post anything she can think of to affirm authenticity.

This is so funny- you and I are in the same boat, because I've been searching ebay for Coach like crazy. Then I thought to check the Coach website and they're actually having a sale. It was funny that one of the bags I was interested in (Coach zip top Taxi Tote) and found it was 50 dollars cheaper at the Coach store than at Macy's. The ebay listings were all over the place for that bag- some were more expensive than buying directly from Coach. The ones that were cheaper were not cheaper by much. So for that particular bag, it made sense to buy it directly from Coach.

it's fun to look at ebay, and one can learn a lot, but it helps to think many times before taking the plunge with them. And I have to remind myself to do the comparison shop for anything I'm close to buying, reading reviews on amazon, and so on.

Anyway, enjoy the hunting! Hope you'll come back and post if you find something fun.

Esteemed Contributor

Ask for a picture of the ""creed"" inside the bag. All Coach bags have them. They will also state where they were made. All vintage were made in the USA.

Trusted Contributor

On 1/4/2015 straitgirl said:

Ask for a picture of the "creed" inside the bag. All Coach bags have them. They will also state where they were made. All vintage were made in the USA.

That was true in the past, but new Coach bags no longer have the creed with serial numbers.

Honored Contributor

I have a new crossbody ""Coach"" and it doesn't have the inside serial number.