Respected Contributor

I've discovered a super comfortable shoe

Last December I tore a ligament in my foot and was extremely limited and in pain until September.  During the summer, FitFlops were about the only thing that did not make it more painful to walk.

Recently I found FitFlop Superskater velvet loafer.  They are currently on sale for $39 (at the FitFlop site) in numerous colors.  I sized down a half size and the fit is perfect for me.

retailmenot has numerous promotions for this site.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I've discovered a super comfortable shoe

They’re a good substitute for sneakers.They’re very pretty!!

Honored Contributor

How does this compare to Vionic? I have several Vionic and orthaheel inserts.

Valued Contributor

Nice looking shoe; Happy for you to have found a comfortable one.  I may give them a try.  I have found great comfort with Vionics.  

Valued Contributor

Cute shoes and nice to know they are comfortable too.  I am stumped on size as I wear a 5.5 or 6 most of the time but have a wider foot.  Choices are 5 or 6.  Guess a thicker sock might solve any issues if I get the 6.  Hmmmm.  Thanks for sharing!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ladies, I really cannot compare them to Vionics as I've only tried their sandals.  I could not wear them as they only aggravated my pain.

As for sizing, I am usually a 6.5M.  When there are only whole sizes, generally I am a 7.  I was able to purchase these in 6.5.  In their whole size sandals, I size down to 6.

I also have these for $33.

And these for $39.

You get 20% off your first order and can still use the retailmenot codes.

Thanks for your comments and happy new year.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I knew this thread was about this brand even before I opened it. I highly recommended FitFlops several times and stated how it solved my issues with Plantar Fasciitis but for some reason it was not that well received.

I suffered immensely several years ago from PF and even had cortisone injections. I bought the sandals and began wearing them at home and then later a pair of shearling boots for outside wear. I still wear FitFlop at home every day years later. I can now wear any shoe or heel as long as I wear FF at home. No pain and no need to do daily exercises.

I'm so happy you found relief by finding this brand. I'm wearing their Shorty II shearling boots as my house slippers and I'm in heaven this cold Winter. 

~Live with Intention~
Super Contributor

I remember a number of years ago when FitFlops were all the rage - and this was well before Vionic was known. I recall wearing a pair of their sandals and, while I did not think they were terribly attractive, I found them very comfortable, then the brand seemed to disappear from the footwear radar, at least to my notice. I like the photos of the shoes that have been shown here enough that I would definitely consider FitFlops again. 

Hugs . . .

Life is tough, but I am tougher!!
Honored Contributor

No wide widths  😯

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

I have recently discovered Nurse Mates shoe, especially a line they call Align, and find them to be supremely comfortable.  They are very supportive with a good arch support that is more gentle than the one in Vionics.  I breathe a sigh of contentment when I slip them on my feet.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment