Respected Contributor

I miss Marshall’s shopping, especially this time of year...

Watching shoe shopping...man, these prices...not biting. Last year I got the cutest shoe boots at my Marshall's, ranging $50-60.00, one leather, one suede, and some other shoes...beautiful, name brands, on trend, a 1/3-1/4 of the pricing I'm seeing tonight. I used to alway upgrade my boots and shoes at our Marshall's this time of year...we have a few stores with great selections of shoes. But, I'm just not going into "non-essential" places and stores yet.  I know..."first world problems" and certainly NOT the worst that's come out of all this for me. But...just wistfully thinking of that tonight, while the shoe shopping show plays in the background.  Anyway, guess I shouldn't worry...hardly going places, haven't even had to wear any of the ones I bought last year with any cute fall clothes yet either.  I also miss Home Goods...everyone else's "seasonal decor" too over-priced...great stuff at HG, again...1/3 the pricing. And I refuse to bite.

Super Contributor

Re: I miss Marshall’s shopping, especially this time of year...

OK I was just at Marshall's and home goods today I happen to live in Overland Park Kansas. I put the mask on because it's required. Otherwise it's a bunch of ******. Let people rule you is one of the stupidest things you can do put on your big girl panties and get out there

Respected Contributor

I'm not limiting my trips to stores. Been to Marshall's, Homegoods and the mall many times. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SunnysMom, what a inappropriate response. You don't know the conditions in the area where others live. You don't know the health of the OP or those close to the OP. And not everyone wears girls panties. I for one wear WOMENS underwear. 

"Let people rule you is one of the stupidest things you can do..." Really? What does that even mean? You want the world to run amok? Laws and social mores are the keystone of civilization and in my opinion more important to the quality of life than shopping at a Marshall's.

Respected Contributor

@deeva wrote:

I'm not limiting my trips to stores. Been to Marshall's, Homegoods and the mall many times. 

Ok, good. That's fine...glad you are doing well doing so. It's a personal choice. My mom died from it. My friend's mom too. Another friend's grandmother. I have a cousin's daughter who worked in the COVID unit. I'm not saying y'all need to stay out of every store. I've chosen to...for the time being. And was just saying I miss it this year. That's all. No need for "big girl panties" here...try saying goodbye to a loved one by Facetime as the priest gives them last rights talking by phone into the hospital room. So yea. I just may feel different from you, that's all.  I think I just got us poofed. Be well.

Respected Contributor

@Etoile308 wrote:

@SunnysMom, what a inappropriate response. You don't know the conditions in the area where others live. You don't know the health of the OP or those close to the OP. And not everyone wears girls panties. I for one wear WOMENS underwear. 

"Let people rule you is one of the stupidest things you can do..." Really? What does that even mean? You want the world to run amok? Laws and social mores are the keystone of civilization and in my opinion more important to the quality of life than shopping at a Marshall's.

Thank you. Exactly...regarding that dumb panties comment.

Honored Contributor

@SunnysMom wrote:

OK I was just at Marshall's and home goods today I happen to live in Overland Park Kansas. I put the mask on because it's required. Otherwise it's a bunch of ******. Let people rule you is one of the stupidest things you can do put on your big girl panties and get out there

@SunnysMom  You do whatever you want. Oh wait. Maybe I should be dictating to you what you should do. Your post is extremely rude. Especially to people who have lived with this and had bad outcomes. I was brought up with manners so I won’t go any further than I already have. And I don’t wear panties!

Honored Contributor

I miss going to Marshall’s too. I’ve found some nice clothing, shoes, and home items there at good prices.

I miss shopping in stores generally. I used to go out once a week and just browse around a few stores. I might buy or not. I miss doing that. Due to my health issues and risk factors, I haven’t been many places since March. I’ve bought a few things online, but for me, it’s just not the same thing as shopping in person. 

Honored Contributor

@amyb  I hear you... For me, it isn't about shoes, but I too have been steering clear of and badly missing the TJX stores I used to frequent, well, frequently...  If it's any consolation, I've been hearing their inventory pretty much stinks since they reopened, though I have no first hand experience. You do know that you can shop their website, right?... You're not going to see the same merchandise you would in the store, but in a pinch, something wonderful might show up...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@SunnysMom You may want to read something other than these boards so you can be better informed.  Maybe there are so few people where you live that it makes no diffference to you.