Occasional Contributor

I'm new to this site and all of you seem wonderful

Hi! This is the first time I've ever joined a community and I'm just trying to find the best way to "catch on". I'm not great at "threads and posts" and not getting lost in them.

I just found out about this site and I was reading some of the posts. You guys are wonderful! I love handbags and sales. I couldn't follow the most recent sale information about the jcpenney bags. There were so many posts I couldn't find the original to see where to go or what codes to use.

I'm trying to find a lightweight large bag, and I love when they have a crossbody strap. I'm recently hurt and out of work and trying to find something to fit my new circumstances. I have a lot to carry but need the crossbody in case by neck/back hurts too badly. I love tough handbags with not a lot of frill but with outside pockets. I'm hoping to get some ideas. I adore Dooney and Burke and went to buy my first one but it was a little too heavy for my back.

I'm learning my best bet is to buy handbags that have a long length, and a wide width (like 7") the height doesn't matter as much unless it's not a zip top (because I stuff my bags).

I especially like the lining in Dooney and Burke's handbags. It's a tough lining attached right to the leather. You don't have to worry about a pen putting a whole through the lining like in so many other bags.

I have a good sale offer I'd like to share with everyone. You probably already know about this but in case you don't, it's a really good buy. If you go to the Dooney.com website, the red dillion leather satchel is on sale for $117 (from about $238). This is a valentine's day special. The other colors are on sale for $176.

Hope this is helpful in some way. I'm really looking forward to talking to all of you.