Honored Contributor

Re: I'm In Buckley Florentine Heaven!

On 8/28/2014 christine1313 said: Hi Ladies. I'm a new D&B fan and have been eyeing the Buckley. Had the Florentine one in gray in my cart but just couldn't convince myself to make the purchase. Can you tell me why you chose the Florentine version versus the Toledo? Given your love of the bag, I figured you would all be a great source of info. Also, with Florentine, do the darker colors wear better than the lighter? I love both the marine and gray. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Congrats to those of you who got this gorgeous bag!!!!

Hi Christine and welcome... I haven't purchased yet and would have to say I was on the fence between the Florentine and Toledo choices, as they're both beautiful. As you saw, the Toledo version sold well too. I think what it boils down to is personal preference given the colors and the bag's silhouette. I love Toledo leather, probably prefer it to Florentine overall, as I like the softer, slightly shiny glazed look, but in this bag, I somehow think the Florentine looks more refined, so when I order, it'll probably be in Florentine...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Occasional Contributor

On 8/28/2014 stevieb said:
On 8/28/2014 christine1313 said: Hi Ladies. I'm a new D&B fan and have been eyeing the Buckley. Had the Florentine one in gray in my cart but just couldn't convince myself to make the purchase. Can you tell me why you chose the Florentine version versus the Toledo? Given your love of the bag, I figured you would all be a great source of info. Also, with Florentine, do the darker colors wear better than the lighter? I love both the marine and gray. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Congrats to those of you who got this gorgeous bag!!!!

Hi Christine and welcome... I haven't purchased yet and would have to say I was on the fence between the Florentine and Toledo choices, as they're both beautiful. As you saw, the Toledo version sold well too. I think what it boils down to is personal preference given the colors and the bag's silhouette. I love Toledo leather, probably prefer it to Florentine overall, as I like the softer, slightly shiny glazed look, but in this bag, I somehow think the Florentine looks more refined, so when I order, it'll probably be in Florentine...

Thank you, Stevie! I really appreciate your insight!
Super Contributor

You ladies are killing me here! I just received the Chelsea in Pebble Leather only yesterday -which I LOVE - and I'm already wanting the Buckley. BQ and Stevieb - you ladies seem to have exquisite taste in handbags. :-).
Honored Contributor

On 8/28/2014 diamondsforme said: You ladies are killing me here! I just received the Chelsea in Pebble Leather only yesterday -which I LOVE - and I'm already wanting the Buckley. BQ and Stevieb - you ladies seem to have exquisite taste in handbags. :-).

Thanks diamonds! Bling and I and our mutual fascination with purses go way, way back...

Wink

Esteemed Contributor

On 8/28/2014 diamondsforme said: You ladies are killing me here! I just received the Chelsea in Pebble Leather only yesterday -which I LOVE - and I'm already wanting the Buckley. BQ and Stevieb - you ladies seem to have exquisite taste in handbags. :-).

Thanks diamonds! Bling and I and our mutual fascination with purses go way, way back...

Wink

Thanks DismondsforMe, and I love your nic! StevieB! how right you are. We sure do go back a long way. I'm so glad you didn't desert the ship!
Esteemed Contributor

So do you. That Chelsea bag rocks!!! I love that too. Carry that beauty in the best of health. You sure picked a winner.
Esteemed Contributor

Hi there Christine. StevieB summed it up well. I have both but I have more bags in the florentine then I do the Toledo. As StevieB said the Toledo has a more shiny finish. I actually prefer the florentine the best. As Stevie said, it's a more refined leather. To me it just makes the bag look more expensive and classy. I love the feel of the florentine also.
Esteemed Contributor

All right, Bling and Jaz, that does it. Bling, since I know you're somewhat local... if you hear a loud crash, it's going to be me caving!

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I bet I hear that crash Stevie while I'm on Rockville pike, lol. Believe me you won't regret it. This is a must have bag!
Honored Contributor

On 8/28/2014 BlingQueen022 said:

Wink

Thanks DismondsforMe, and I love your nic! StevieB! how right you are. We sure do go back a long way. I'm so glad you didn't desert the ship!

Likewise! Glad you're still around too!

Esteemed Contributor

On 8/28/2014 EdithEllenLily said:

CONGRATULATIONS to BlingQueen, jazalboy and everyone who is getting their Buckley bags! They sound AMAZING! Enjoy carrying them and all of the compliments you will receive. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

I'm still waiting for my two Florentine Buckley bags in ivy and marine...if they don't get here tomorrow, most likely it will be after the Labor Day holiday and I will be in suspense the entire weekend! {#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

Thank you EdithEllenLilly, love your nic too. I'm going to do my ups dance for you in hopes you receive your bags tomorrow!! Just wish I could see the look on your face when you see your new bags for the first time. It is going to be well worth the wait. Csn't was it to read your review. Hoping tomorrow's the day!!