Honored Contributor

I love nude suede pumps with a black dress.  I think it looks so elegant, and it does elongate the legs and add height IMO.

I do not care for white shoes unless they are trimmed with something other than white.  Even then, I don't really care that much for them.

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

I love nude suede pumps with a black dress.  I think it looks so elegant, and it does elongate the legs and add height IMO.

I do not care for white shoes unless they are trimmed with something other than white.  Even then, I don't really care that much for them.

Spenco white criss-cross use in the house, or pool area. Except for those don't own white, however! love my nudes and lighter neutrals. must have, wear a lot.

Trusted Contributor

@Harpa wrote:

It's supposed to elongate the leg. I do like the look, especially when I'm wearing a light colored suit or dress. I mean, you wouldn't use black for anything light.

You've seen the beige colored ice skates, haven't you?

What I hate the look of is white shoes. Only for the bride!

They do elongate the leg.  When I was working and wearing a lot of skirts, knee length, I did notice that my legs looked much better when I wore nude colored shoes.  I have okay lower legs, but they are on the shorter side.  They looked so much better when I had on light shoes.

If my legs weren't on display, then the outfit determined the color shoe, whatever was best.

I agree about white shoes, except maybe for a summer sandal or canvas type shoe.  Sometimes that looks refreshing and cute.

Respected Contributor

I LOVE me a nude shoe!  It is so slimming.  I look taller and thinner in nude or very light tan shoes.  Plus it goes with everything.  White, I just don't do.  I look very weird in white shoes and I don't really know why.

Respected Contributor

I like a tan or nude sandal for the warm weather.  Looks better to me than black and I don't much care for bright colors.  I never wear  white footwear except for sneakers.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I've seen when nude heels made the outfit and when they were a "make due" choice.  I like a pretty nude shoe when dealing with a lot of color to give the eye a break.  With as many colors as there are, you would have to have mountains of shoes in every hue since black or navy can often be too heavy visually.

I do like white shoes with white slacks or a long white skirt.

Contributor

I love a beige shoe Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I think the look of a beige or nude shoe is pretty.   It does elongate the leg and I agree with others that dark shoes just do not go well with light colored clothing.   I very seldom wear a white shoe though.   I was a dental assistant for 30 years and we always wore white scrubs with white shoes, so you can see why.

Respected Contributor

I never wear white shoes.  That being said, I love taupe, nude, or beige shoes.  I think those colors elongate the leg and just seem to look better with summer fashions.  I love to wear black and white in the summertime so I will generally wear a black sandal or wedge with the spectator look.  But I love the look of a nude or neutral shoe for spring and summer!

We can't all like the same thing and I think you should wear what you love and feel most comfortable in.

Valued Contributor

I think the best way to wear taupe, nude, or beige shoes is to get one that most closely matches your skin tone.  It will be an optical illusion that elongates the legs.