Esteemed Contributor

I had a pair of unworn Sofft sandals start to fall apart on me today! :(

Today was a beautiful sunny day so today I decided to wear a pair of Sofft sandals that I had never worn. They were too tight in the vamp so I used a shoe stretcher yesterday so they were comfortable to wear. I wore them to the park tonight and part way through my walk I noticed that one heel was starting to crumble and there's a faint crack line starting across side of that shoe. They are Sofft Ginger wedge sandals in blue and green leather with a flower on the top of each sandal. I bought them from QVC about 3 years ago (I had ordered a different pair of sandals and QVC sent me this pair instead of the ones I had ordered but they are nice so I kept them as the other shoes I had ordered were a clearance item). The shoes have always been kept in the box they came in.

I know I read about the problem with Clarks shoes falling apart but I guess other brands with composition soles are also vulnerable to falling apart. It's too bad as the sandals are cute but they are not repairable. I will probably cut off the leather flowers before I toss these sandals in the trash.

Respected Contributor

Re: I had a pair of unworn Sofft sandals start to fall apart on me today! :(

TY, what a bummer! Were they made in China? I had a pair of Soft Spots loafers than I had not warn very long and the heel disintegrated. I have been wearing Soft Spots loafers for years and this was the first problem for me. They are now made in China, I believe.

Esteemed Contributor

On 4/13/2014 bigsister said:

TY, what a bummer! Were they made in China? I had a pair of Soft Spots loafers than I had not warn very long and the heel disintegrated. I have been wearing Soft Spots loafers for years and this was the first problem for me. They are now made in China, I believe.

Yes, the Sofft sandals are made in China. I have a lot of shoes which are made there but I've never had a pair of shoes which haven't been worn outside start to disintegrate the first time they are worn outdoors.
Esteemed Contributor

I will pay attention to the ones I ordered for this season and others I have in the closet.

Ty- are you the former TY77?

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Esteemed Contributor

On 4/13/2014 Love Roses said:

I will pay attention to the ones I ordered for this season and others I have in the closet.

Ty- are you the former TY77? Smile

Nope, that is someone else.
Esteemed Contributor

n/m duplicate post
Honored Contributor

Wow, what a rip - Sofft shoes are not cheap ($) either.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Leather shoes do dry out. I had a pair of leather boots that I stored in my closet and only wore once or twice each winter. I didn't wear them for a couple of winters just because it wasn't really cold here. Last winter I went to put them on and they were all cracked.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Yikes! I had that happen about 1 years ago with a pair of Clarks. Actually two pair fell apart on me but the worse ones were when I was getting out of my car going into the Dentist's office!

The entire sole came from the top of the shoe! It looked like one of those clown shoes! I took it off until I got up to his office then slid my foot inside to the chair!

I had all of these chores I was going to do but had to head home for more shoes.

Then I was going through my shoes and found a pair of Clarks (again clogs) and pulled on them and they separated. Not as bad but I threw them out.

Live and learn. Right?

Esteemed Contributor

On 4/13/2014 Bird mama said:

Wow, what a rip - Sofft shoes are not cheap ($) either.

I'm pretty sure I paid more than $50 for the Sofft sandals too. I took a closer look at the solse and there wasn't just one hairline crack, there were two in the left shoe. I'm lucky that they didn't fall apart while I was walking in the park. I cut the straps off the sandals to save the pretty turquoise blue and lime green leather flowers sewn on the straps and turned one of the flowers into a purse charm this afternoon. I tossed the rest of the shoes into the trash.