Respected Contributor

I did not realize that Michael Kors went to Shop HQ

I used to enjoy his things on QVC. Now I see that he is on Shop HQ. He has watches (lol), sunglasses and some fragrances. Shop HQ is getting a lot of my business lately. I love the jewelry.
Honored Contributor

Re: I did not realize that Michael Kors went to Shop HQ

Former QVC vendors going to another shopping channel seems to be par for the Korse.

Respected Contributor

On 11/28/2014 brewhaha said:

Former QVC vendors going to another shopping channel seems to be par for the Korse.

Lol. Very witty. I am hoping Bradley Bayou shows up there. I miss his jackets and I miss seeing him too.

Super Contributor

I saw many items at TJ Maxx today!
Honored Contributor

I bought some Michael Kor's items before he came to QVC, so I was familiar with his quality and his product. I ordered a couple items when he was on the Q. Shoes and handbags. They were poor, poor quality. Huge disappointment. Believe me the items he sells on shopping tv are nothing like the higher end items he sells at NM, Nordies, Saks, Barney's and the rest. I think he uses his name, sells his made for the outlet stuff. The stitching on his bags was even different. He used to have his higher end items made in Italy, and elsewhere. The outlet stuff was made in China and Taiwan! He reduces the leather quality and thickness, reduces the amount of hardware. Uses cheaper lining, less pockets and trim. I realize he is trying to meet a price point for television shoppers who just want Michael Kors label. The handbags he sells on tv for 299, are 100 bags anywhere else. JMHO, and I love his handbags. He designs a beautiful bag.

My point is. When he was on Q, the reviews were like 3 stars, or less. I returned everything I bought of his. I don't think I was alone. He probably left the Q, as it was not a profitable venue for him. Again, JMHO and nothing more.

Honored Contributor

On 11/28/2014 Didiville said: I saw many items at TJ Maxx today!

The Maxx is becoming a veritable unofficial MK outlet... especially, it appears, for handbags.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

When a contract runs out at one place, they move on to the next. Have to keep selling !

Respected Contributor

MK has stores in Outlet markets and when that happens they sell cheap and you pass everyone coming and going with the same hand bags.

The same thing happened to Coach. Everyone has one, cheap from the outlet store. All of my Coach bags (I got rid of) came from an outlet store each for $100.00 or less.

Louis Vuitton or Brahmin, that is all I buy now. No outlets for either of them.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Valued Contributor

MK has some nice watches but the problem I have with MK is everybody and I mean everybody has MK items, whether it is a purse, shoes, watch....and that is what I don't like. I see high school girls, I see people working in retail with the purse, I see professional women, I see everybody and that is a turn off for ME!!

Valued Contributor

On 12/7/2014 golfcartrider said:

MK has stores in Outlet markets and when that happens they sell cheap and you pass everyone coming and going with the same hand bags.

The same thing happened to Coach. Everyone has one, cheap from the outlet store. All of my Coach bags (I got rid of) came from an outlet store each for $100.00 or less.

Louis Vuitton or Brahmin, that is all I buy now. No outlets for either of them.

Coach quality went down the tubes as soon as manufacture moved from the U.S. to China. This was well before the outlets. Prices skyrocketed for too-thin leather and bags made of lining material. When US-made, Coach's bags were thick, sturdy leather about 1/8 inch thick and raw on the interior. Those bags will last forever. Unlike the Coach lifetime warranty which they don't really honor but use as a ploy to trick you into buying a replacement at full-price.