Frequent Contributor

I bought the violet Clayton satchel today....

Hi Dooney girls! Who has the Clayton satchel in violet? I've been wanting this color for a long time. I love the hot pink/purple. I would love your comments. Smile

Valued Contributor

Re: I bought the violet Clayton satchel today....

I was considering violet Kingston..... watched a great video with it. http://m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=K6gEyPSRN4A ...I have Clayton in black and I like it but haven't used it yet.
Frequent Contributor

It is a gorgeous bag !

Frequent Contributor

The Kingston is nice! Smiley Happy I don't mind heavier bags for the most part. I'm small but strong. I just couldn't justify paying full price for a color like the violet but could not resist it on sale.

Valued Contributor

I know. Same here. Took me too long to make a decision and the sale is over now. But I did get the flo domed satchel in the only color that was on sale....crimson. Not my first choice but I like the shape and it was half off!!! Worst case I will return it.... hope you enjoy your bag! Smiley Happy
Frequent Contributor

Thanks! I hope you like yours as well. I think the crimson is pretty! I think it's really versatile too.

Frequent Contributor

I have the Clayton in chestnut- and it is a great bag. Saw the sale and the violet looks like a stunning combination- let us know what you think!

Respected Contributor

On 12/6/2014 tough_kitty said: I know. Same here. Took me too long to make a decision and the sale is over now. But I did get the flo domed satchel in the only color that was on sale....crimson. Not my first choice but I like the shape and it was half off!!! Worst case I will return it.... hope you enjoy your bag! Smiley Happy
I love this satchel! Enjoy your new bag!
Honored Contributor

I love the Clayton. I'd be more likely to go for a more neutral shade, but that's just me. I like the fun colors on others though.

Respected Contributor

I love the violet color in the Dooney Florentine line. I have the Bristol in violet and the color is beautiful. I also have the Clayton, in Ocean Blue. The Clayton is a really well made handbag, but I find it heavy. Didn't stop me from buying it though.

I like the Kingston also, but I prefer satchels and the Kingston strap is wide and not comfortable to carry in your hand. Yes, I know it's designed as a shoulder bag, and it's beautiful and the strap is perfect... for a shoulder bag. Also the Kingston is lighter than the Clayton, it doesn't have the same pockets and tabbing detail on the front and the zip pocket on the back that the Clayton has. But if the Kingston had regular handles, I would buy it in a minute.