Frequent Contributor

Re: I REALLY WANT A ""WOW"" BAG

Brighton has some gorgeous bags as well.

Respected Contributor

Chanel? Cartier! Ferragamo? Prada? Hermes??? Those usually Wow people, but you need to spend a lot .
Valued Contributor

I love Brahmin handbags also. They are very well made and last forever. I have several of them. This next bag I buy, I am going to try a Patricia Nash though. Just because I am interested to see how that line looks also.

Beckyblu

Trusted Contributor

Look at Kate Spade. The quality of the leather is very high end and gorgeous. Even the linings are stunning. They always come out with interesting bags - they have a very special look and they run in the $350 - $1,200 price range. i own about 25 of them and just purchased another from their fall collection.

Esteemed Contributor

Esteemed Contributor

On 9/5/2014 nutmeg3 said:

Michael Kors Miranda Zipper Shoulder Bag.

Respected Contributor

On 9/5/2014 mima said:

Oh...if you go to Brahmin, just put "black" in the search bar. Be sure and check out "Tortoise Seville" too.

I am in love with those bags! I want one really bad!

Edit: I mean I am in love with the tortoise Seville and want one. I already own a few Brahmins. They are great special and have a different look to them than most of the bags I see.

The hardware is gold too!

mima, I so agree with your about the Brahmin in the "Tortoise Seville." When I first saw it on the Brahmin site, I thought WOW! It is stunning!

Honored Contributor

Define ""wow""...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Prices for handbags have gotten ridiculous, IMO. The most I've ever paid was $75 at Marshall's for a beautiful bag that had originally been $175. My most recent purchase was a washable leather tote "as is" from QVC that was under $70 but originally something like $114. Since it is washable, when it arrived I disinfected it inside and out (LOL) because it was "as is."

I bought a designer bag for $250 once from HSN but sent it back. It was larger than I expected. Plus, the actual bag did not live up to the hype. If one can afford it, that's one thing, but I refuse to be sucked in by the price gouging that IMO we see in lower-end "designer" bags like D&B, etc., etc. I can't afford it.

I do always buy leather because the faux is not durable. I had a faux leather bag about seven years ago that I just loved, but it started disintegrating after three months. Never again.

Honored Contributor

Check out Brahmin. I love them. They are lighter weight than Dooney and come in classics as well as edgy. I'm currently into crossbodies but like the straps to be at least 50" for a minimum of a 25" drop. I bought a green All Day Donvertible crossbody and love it so much I got it in black for winter. My wallet easily fits in it along with a few other things. It also allows you to double the straps for a shoulder bag. To me, these were more than worth the price, which is less than a lot of other brands. And they last forever.

I have a couple of other Brahmins too.

I love Coach but their recent styles just don't appeal to me.

I don't buy a lot of bags anymore. I might spend $200-$300 for a bag but I use it for many years. I have some bags that are 15 years old and still look like new and I use them. That's less than $20 per year...which sounds like a good deal to me.