New Contributor

Re: How many various shoes a woman needs

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I purged 3 pair recently, have a pair of Skechers on the way, which will put me at 12 pair total.   Buying shoes that are comfortable on my feet has become a huge problem since my first knee surgery in 2012.   My knee surgery in October has left me with a foot that swells daily, regardless of the shoe I wear.   

I have a mix of Alegria, Brooks, New Balance, David Tate, and a pair of Skechers if the new shoes fit well.   I don’t need, nor plan to ever own more than 12 pair.    

Respected Contributor

When I was a kid I had two pairs of shoes: a pair for church/company and a pair for everything else. Both pairs were usually brown, sturdy, and hideous. “Need” meant that you had one pair that fit. One year my parents couldn’t afford two pairs so for church I had to wear tap shoes from the rummage sale that were a size too small, and my mom did not remove the taps until someone complained. That was not a fun year for my cramped toes and I certainly could not sneak up on anyone. But it gave me an appreciation of nice shoes and the habit of taking good care of them. Today I own many more than two pairs. Lol. Living in a four-season area does give one the excuse to buy all types of shoes. 

Regular Contributor

I have many more pairs than I’ll ever need. Plenty I have not ever worn. But every once in a while I remove them from their boxes/shelves/bags, try them on, smile, feel my heart pound, and put them away again. Recently I’m beginning to organize them so I can at least wear each pair once before I die. Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

Uh......1,000,000 right?

Related image