Valued Contributor

How many of your shoes do you wear

Some of us have many shoes.  Do you actually wear each pair at some point during the year?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: How many of your shoes do you wear

[ Edited ]

Nope. I tend to wear only my sneakers almost every day. I do rotate them but rarely wear anything else. If I'm not leaving my house I'll wear my Uggs and in summer I'm usually barefoot.

Respected Contributor

Nope!  LOL

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Nope...I work from home so wear slippers all day, grab one of 3 or 4 pairs of shoes/sandals if I head out. Pitiful to have them all, I clean them out each year and donate 4 or 5 pair...then inevitably replace them during the year. Ridiculous circle of frustration with myself.

Critter Lover! (especially cats!)
Esteemed Contributor

All of them. I refuse to allow my shoes to live in my home rent free if they hurt, pinch or create blisters in return.

Honored Contributor

I wear all of the many loafers in many colors.  I have flats that are hardly worn any more either.  I gave away the wedges and heels when I retired and Covid came.  Last pair of heels worn?  April 2018 I think.  Might have worn them once in 2019--not sure. 

I have athletic shoes/sneakers/tennis shoes whatever but I hate them and keep them around in case I have to go out in bad weather.  I wear my keds occasionally but not my go-to's.

Esteemed Contributor

Nope. Usually grab sandals or sneakers going out the door.

Been on WFH since Covid so my loafers, heels, dress boots are in the shoebag. None hurt, pinch or out of date.

Regular Contributor

I'd say my shoe wearing follows the 80/20 rule.  I wear 80% of my shoes 20% of the time, and 20% of my shoes 80% of the time.  That being said, I have feet issues and no longer have an extensive shoe wardrobe!

Respected Contributor

@pprmntstx This is a loaded question, for shame.  I actually rotate 2 pair for church and funerals.   I have 2 pair of HOKA sneakers, one blue, one pair of black and a pair of lined CROCS for the outings with my dog as they are easy to slip on for a pee break.

Esteemed Contributor

@We rescue cats wrote:

Nope...I work from home so wear slippers all day, grab one of 3 or 4 pairs of shoes/sandals if I head out. Pitiful to have them all, I clean them out each year and donate 4 or 5 pair...then inevitably replace them during the year. Ridiculous circle of frustration with myself.

@We rescue cats Love that phrase.  I have that too, but for different reasons!

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead