Honored Contributor

Re: How are you carrying the Backpack Purse?

On 4/3/2015 mima said:

I don't think I'd want a back pack either. I have a question though. If you are wearing it on your back, how do you know thieves aren't in it. I mean, they can be pretty slick. When I was a kid, my mom had me scared to death of pick pockets. For real! LOL

I love backpacks and have for years, but everyone's right, they can be awkward for everyday and when on your back you are vulnerable to pick pockets and why the newer versions have a back zip pocket that rests against your own back. That's where I stash my wallet or anything I don't want lifted. It's always a risk that someone can come along and slash the bottom of your bag and everything in there will hit the sidewalk!

I loved backpacks so much that at one point I special ordered a Louis Vuitton Montsouris Backpack GM in the Damier fabric. It was lovely and I loved it! But I'd bring it out to use it and it was so awkward that I'd change out in a day or two. Finally got fed up and sold it on eBay. That one didn't even have a zip pocket in the back so I always carried it over one shoulder!

I missed the original GILI backpack which was larger, and didn't buy the SV because it was too small for me....

Right now the only backpacks I have left is a Michael Kors (original style) in brown, and an all leather Black generic one with lots of zips and pockets .... love those two!

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Regular Contributor

Vabelle, I live those! I have a feeling we're going to be backpack twins very soon. Lol.
Honored Contributor

LOL Hello backpack twin!

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Super Contributor

A backpack purse is not for me! Sure looks easy for a thief to help him/her self to your belongings. The opening is right behind you!!
Esteemed Contributor

I don't own a GILI, but carry a backpack purse over my right shoulder usually. I extend one strap and shorten the other so I'm carrying it by one strap only.

Esteemed Contributor

I have a backpack bag..... and I love it! I wear it as a shoulder strap bag. I work in NY city and live in NJ so no I don't wear it as a backpack ... I need to know my pocketbook is against me and secure. I think I will leave the backpack look for my teenage daughter or a younger child. I do not think it is professional enough for my office anyway.

Frequent Contributor

Do not like the backpack/purse. I don't want my purse on my back, and if I'm going to carry it over my shoulder, what's the purpose of having a backpack? I just want a shoulder bag, stylish and simple.

Honored Contributor

Ever since Elaine Benes on 'Seinfeld' carried a backpack, I've wanted one! Off the shoulder would be ok, but I would like a traditional BP style for walking @ the mall or security of hands free during travel. These backpacks have the zipper opening next to the body...plus the look is sleeker than the traditional BP style. I'm debating.....

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Super Contributor

I'm carrying as a regular shoulder bag and love it! I took the backpack straps off.

Regular Contributor

I love the looks of them and even came close to ordering the newer, smaller GILI backpack but this style is just not for me. I bought an inexpensive one awhile back thinking I would "try it out". Well, it drove me crazy! It soon found its way into the donation pile. Glad that some can use that style and look great but it is just not for me. I prefer my Hobos and my Crossbodies.