Honored Contributor

Re: How are you carrying the Backpack Purse?

I wouldn't wear it as a backpack. Wouldn't it be very easy for someone to pickpocket?

Respected Contributor

On 4/10/2015 retiredgal65 said:

I love the looks of them and even came close to ordering the newer, smaller GILI backpack but this style is just not for me. I bought an inexpensive one awhile back thinking I would "try it out". Well, it drove me crazy! It soon found its way into the donation pile. Glad that some can use that style and look great but it is just not for me. I prefer my Hobos and my Crossbodies.

I returned both of the new TSV gili backpacks yesterday. I have the original and started carrying it a couple of weeks ago and it was just bugging me (difficult to carry), moved back to my Roma 2 Tuesday and so prefer it. Decided the new Backpacks are just not going to do it for me and I don't need two more bags to just sit in a collection. Feel liberated.

Valued Contributor

I ordered the ivory. The leather was sensational, but it was just too limp and the magnetic closure was such a pain to attach, I returned it the next day. Edited to say: Also my iPad would not fit in the back zippered pocket on the back!
Regular Contributor

Returned mine, liked the leather but the bag is to small for me

Honored Contributor

I want one of those. But maybe it's me, my back, my arms. They just look stupid on me.

Yet, I keep trying them.

Super Contributor

On 4/3/2015 mima said:

I don't think I'd want a back pack either. I have a question though. If you are wearing it on your back, how do you know thieves aren't in it. I mean, they can be pretty slick. When I was a kid, my mom had me scared to death of pick pockets. For real! LOL

ITa, this is why I pass on backpacks. I spend a fair amount of time in the city and backpacks make you an easy target. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}