Regular Contributor

Re: How Old Is The Oldest Pair Of Shoes In Your Closet?

I have a couple of very chunky heeled boots from the mid 90s in my closet. Chunky heels are coming back, but I don't think I'll ever wear them again. Still, I've yet to toss them.
Honored Contributor

I'm not one to hold on to old cld clothes and old shoes.  The 80's, that is almost 40 years ago...lol   I like a fresh, modern look but since I wear classic footwear, I can hold on to them for a while but only if I wear them.  I think the oldest shoes I have are my pointy toe kitte heel pumps.  They are probably 10 years old.  One pair is black patent and the other pair is a gorgeous tan.  They are my dress up shoes.  All my other boots, shoes, sandals are less than 5 years old.

Honored Contributor

8 years ago I had surgery on my left foot and ankle and it completely changed the size of that foot.I had to donate every single pair of shoes I owned and start over. So I absolutely do not own any shoes that are older than 8 years old. I have slowly built my shoe wardrobe back up, but now I wear a different size on each foot so I have to buy 2 pair and it is very expensive. I love the sandals from Clarks that adjust in size with velcro because I can just buy one pair and adjust the width.Thank goodness I live in Florida so I don't have to buy seasonal shoes and boots, all I need are summer. Getting new shoes is a real event in my life.

Honored Contributor

I don't keep old shoes.  I never did.  Don't know why I don't keep em, but they get donated along with old clothing.

Honored Contributor

I still have some water sneakers that are at least 15 years old. I never wear them anymore though. They were basically for use at the river, and then we moved. No more river. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

I have a pair of black ankle boots that are probably 13 yrs old. I used to love them and saved them even when I gained weight & they no longer fit. When I lost weight they fit again (all my other saved shoes fell apart sitting unused for years) but they no longer feel comfortable so they will probably go to consignment or get donated soon. I need to find a new pair to replace them.

Honored Contributor

Probably a pair of knee dress boots - maybe 15 - 20 years old. Classic style and almond toe shape with a 3 inch heel. I almost donated them with my last closet purge because I don't wear them but maybe once or twice a year. However, the box is still there under my bed. 

Trusted Contributor

I still have a pair of leather thong sandals that I wore in high school. They sold them at the surf shops and were the "in" thing.

I also have a pair of Converse high tops from the 80's that are striped multi-colored. I also have a pair of Keds that have cartoon characters on them. They came with a colored pencil so you could color them. Keds never go out of style!

I should wear them to school this week and tell the students that my shoes are older than you!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Dr Martens from 1984. Still going strong!!

Converse Chuck Taylor's high tops,batiked (by me) with spider web print.

Honored Contributor

Cole Haan Moc. in suede bought at Dillards in spring of 1989.  Love them as much today as the then.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."