Esteemed Contributor

Re: How Old Is The Oldest Pair Of Shoes In Your Closet?

I have my saddle shoes I wore as a Cheerleader in High School and well as those Dr. Scholl's (sp?) wooden slides that were popular in the 1980's.  I also have the white pumps I wore at my wedding.  Of course I don't wear any of those now.  The oldest pair I have that I still wear are probably 4 years old or so.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

I have the pumps from my wedding 7 6 1985

I'll never wear them again, but they are too pretty to give up!

Respected Contributor

Late 80s Ferragamo flats with grosgrain bows which never go out of style and which are still sold. I have several pair. 

Trusted Contributor

When was in college I was a foot model for a famous Chicago department store.  Sometimes I was given the shoes I modeled.  I still have some of them.  Back then I wore a 4 1/2 now I wear a 5 1/2 or 6.

I graduated in 1972.  I still have my wedding shoes also from 1972.

Honored Contributor

A pair of bright yellow rain shoes ... they are sort of like yellow rubber loafers.  I've had them since the mid-1990s.  They match my rain parka.

Respected Contributor

I have two pairs of Ferragamo classic block heal shoes with the bows from the eighties. I too, bought mine at Magnin's. They are like new!

Esteemed Contributor

A little older than 30 years - I bought 4 pair.  They are still with me today and they're in great condition.  I don't wear out my shoes, just get bored with them. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

I just tossed a pair of black, wedge, tall rain boots that were fierce!  Always got compliments on them, as if they were only for style and not the weather.  Sad to see them go, they were about 25 years old.

Respected Contributor

@abbeythe 8th wrote:

When was in college I was a foot model for a famous Chicago department store.  Sometimes I was given the shoes I modeled.  I still have some of them.  Back then I wore a 4 1/2 now I wear a 5 1/2 or 6.

I graduated in 1972.  I still have my wedding shoes also from 1972.

I am so jealous! A foot model! My feet have been size 9 boats since junior high.

Valued Contributor

My motorcycle boots.  It's been 20 years since I had the (BMW) motorcycle but I can't part with the jacket, helmet and boots. 

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela