Honored Contributor

How Old Is The Oldest Pair Of Shoes In Your Closet?

I have about ten pair of basic kid leather pumps from the '80's!

Trusted Contributor

Re: How Old Is The Oldest Pair Of Shoes In Your Closet?

@ECBG----I have a pair of fake alligator pointed toe, Ralph Lauren brown flats and a Rosetti purse to match that are 24-25yrs old.  Both purse and shoes get a good amount of wear, but still look very pretty.  They are also my favorite.---------ted

Honored Contributor

My indestructible "yard shoes"..........gotta be 20 years old..............

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

My "Garden Wellies"...

Purchased from "Victorian Trading Company", they must be 25 years old easy.  

Esteemed Contributor

I think the oldest pair of shoes I own is from 2006. I've given away shoes that don't fit my feet so I don't have any shoes that are too tight in the forefoot.

Esteemed Contributor

My oldest son was two, 1961, he is now 57, they are 55.  In great condition, beautifu.  Haven,t wore them in many years, but kept them in original box because back then, they were considered expensive,(about 20.00 dollars) and for a special occasion.  Two and a half inch heels, suede and leather straps around heel.  Brought at I MAGNUM, very expensive store then.

Esteemed Contributor

I have a lot of shoes, but not many which are very old. I have a pair of JRenee ivory pumps (sequins and beading dressy), which were purchased for a 1999 New Year's Eve formal.  I wore the shoes once and have never worn them again.  Another oldie is two pairs of spike high heel green suede boots (one ankle; one knee high) which I purchased (at the same time) back in 2005.  I recall because it was it was a dreadful cold rain/snow mix day before Thanksgiving. After leaving Nordstrom, I walked over to the movie theater lugging the boots and saw Christmas With the Kranks.  

Respected Contributor

Wow, that's a hard one.  I have so many.  I'd have to say 25 years, a pair of Clark's slip on mocs my husband bought me (I hated them they were so unattractive, but purposeful).  I only wear them to runaround in the wet/cold weather. 

Respected Contributor

I have a pair of aligator pumps that I purchased with my first pay check when I got my first job in late l951.  They don't fit anymore, obviously, becuse my feet are no longer the same as when I was 16, but I love them and keep them safe. Just something kinda special to me - my first independent purchase.

Trusted Contributor

I think the oldest pair of shoes I have is from 2000 - I usually purge them to make room for new shoes.  Those from 2000 I never wear but can't seem to give up - I bought them for a vacation to New York City with girlfriends and it was one of my favorite trips!