Super Contributor

Re: How Much are you Willing to Spend on a Handbag?

We all love a pretty purse but the prices are outrageous these days and seem to keep climbing. I use to purchase at least one or two bags each season but now with the sky rocketing prices I limit myself to one or two a year not a season. I also look for sales & discounts and shop discount stores such as TJM & Marshall's . The Q 's ""as is"" clearance is good too although the bag prices are not discounted as much as they should be. The bag would have to be a can it live without for me to pay much over $150 and from the Q I would want easy pay.
Occasional Contributor

Highest I have paid is $900 for a preowned Fendi Spy bag , they retail for $2200

Frequent Contributor

I've always drawn the line at $300, but yesterday, I crossed that line just a bit when I ordered a Kate Spade Mercer Isle (small) Sloan in Ostrich Egg. I love, love, love the classy perforation on this bag. On the Zappos site, the bag is $398, but I ordered it directly through the Kate Spade site, and used a coupon code, which brought my total down to $318.40.

Now I'm on the lookout for a cheery yellow straw tote for the summer, but I want to keep it below $60 or so.