Respected Contributor

I am 5'7" so I never needed them for height.  When young I always had a neutral color pair or two for special occasions but was not a regular wearer.  I have always worn more pants than dresses so it was not as important to wear heels.  Also I don't like painful feet. Now I imagine they make some with comfort features but in the past they were just torture devices for the feet.

Trusted Contributor

I totally agree that there is nothing like a cute high heel for dress.  I have been forced down to a 2 inch do to age but they still look nicer than a flat or wedge shoe especially with a dress!

But that being said I also am happy to see the "block heels" that are so in style now and I have purchased some of those! 

Respected Contributor

I love heels and wear them whenever I can........Heart

Honored Contributor

I had high heels for dress up in my playhouse as a child, but have never been interested in them as an adult.

My feet and legs are only happy with my walking/athletic shoes and Alegria clogs and sandals.  Buying shoes has become a real chore since my knee replacements.  

Honored Contributor

@Meowingkitty  I'm with you, I never could wear very high heels.Never had a problem with being short and neither did the very handsome men I dated in my youth.

Honored Contributor

I don't care if they're "in" or "out" I love my 6 inch heels. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

Re: High heels are out!

[ Edited ]

Born with a club foot and have had numerous surgeries on my left foot I have never been able to wear high heels. Never missed them.If you look for them you can find some very beautiful flat heeled shoes. In my profession I wore a good quality walking shoe to work every day.

Respected Contributor

Can't get rid of them fast enough

Respected Contributor

I was never so happy as when high heel styles for work changed to the 2” height and wedge styles. My feet thank me too these many years later. A lady I worked with had worn 3” heels for so long she could no longer wear flats or walk barefoot. I vowed that would not be me!