Honored Contributor

Re: Hesitate to wear new shoes

Wear your shoes out to lunch, to church,  and things similar.  I would wear another shoe to the grocery store and in the rain.

I am sure a shoe repair will keep them looking great!

Respected Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

If I'd done this, I would see it as me buying to just buy something I like, not me buying something I need.   I'm a need only shopper.  

Excellent point! I'll have to remember that one. 

Esteemed Contributor

I wear new shoes as soon as I get them, a habit I apparently developed in early childhood. In my experience, Talbot's leather shoes get softer with wear. I still have some of their loafers after many years. I'd keep those shoes and wear both pairs.

Honored Contributor

@seaglass1 Every pair of shoes I now have is from Talbots.  I wear them all the time.  They are good shoes.  Wear them!  Woman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

@seaglass1 Life may be short ...learned that during the pandemic.....wear and ejoy your shoes

Respected Contributor

@seaglass1 I totally support the wearing of your new shoes.  Fact is:  what fits and is comfortable now may not be comfortable in the future.  Feet change as do styles.  My mother and aunts saved their "nice" things and we had to clean out a lot of things that could have been worn and enjoyed after their deaths.  If you like the shoes enough to buy them, wear and enjoy them now.  Especially as we emerge from being home most of the time.  This pandemic should remind us to live and enjoy what we have.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Frequent Contributor

@Jk9 

@Jk9 wrote:

@seaglass1 I totally support the wearing of your new shoes.  Fact is:  what fits and is comfortable now may not be comfortable in the future.  Feet change as do styles.  My mother and aunts saved their "nice" things and we had to clean out a lot of things that could have been worn and enjoyed after their deaths.  If you like the shoes enough to buy them, wear and enjoy them now.  Especially as we emerge from being home most of the time.  This pandemic should remind us to live and enjoy what we have.

Well said!

Respected Contributor

Thanks @seaglass1 

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

Wear the darn shoes!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

I have had issues similar to this most of my adult life! And not just with shoes, but all types of clothing, etc!  I really believe it stems from my childhood.  We didn't have much money at all and rarely got new things. So, when I did get something new to wear, such as a pair of shoes, a blouse, or whatever, I didn't ever want to wear it because I was fearful I would mess it up and then I would not get another!  My pattern has been to hold on to new things I get for quite a long while before wearing and often the items go out of  style or no longer fit before I decide I will wear them!  I have finally in recent times gotten over this for the most part.  I say as others here, wear one pair and enjoy them and then save the other pair for when you get dressed up!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin