Frequent Contributor

I recently ordered and received two pair of ballet flats from Talbots.  They were expensive and I like them a lot.

Now that we are finally getting out a little more, I'm dressing up more.  The problem is, I haven't been wearing my Talbots shoes because I'm afraid I'll wreck them.  So, what's the point of buying them?  Am I just a shoe collector?

Respected Contributor

Re: Hesitate to wear new shoes

[ Edited ]

@seaglass1 wrote:

I recently ordered and received two pair of ballet flats from Talbots.  They were expensive and I like them a lot.

Now that we are finally getting out a little more, I'm dressing up more.  The problem is, I haven't been wearing my Talbots shoes because I'm afraid I'll wreck them.  So, what's the point of buying them?  Am I just a shoe collector?

I hear ya. That's why I don't spend too much for things. The more something costs, the more I want it to stay perfect and for longer. That's not reasonable so I only spend a reasonable amount regardless of what my bank account indicates I could do.

Respected Contributor

Maybe return one of the pairs so you feel more inclined to wear the other??

Honored Contributor

Wear one pair and save the other. This puts off the final decision.  You can be a practical collector.

Honored Contributor

@seaglass1    I find if I put Old-fashioned shoe trees in my better shoes, it really help retain their shape and ceaseless "newness". 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@seaglass1  Wear them. If they get ruined there is always a new style or color waiting in the wings. What are you saving them for? I find when I save something for that special occasion it never comes and the season is over. As was stated use shoe trees they do keep the shoe looking better for a longer period of time.

Honored Contributor

wear them or return them

otherwise in 2 years you will be wondering what to do with them 

Honored Contributor

If I'd done this, I would see it as me buying to just buy something I like, not me buying something I need.   I'm a need only shopper.  

Frequent Contributor

@Janey2 

@Janey2 wrote:

@seaglass1  Wear them. If they get ruined there is always a new style or color waiting in the wings. What are you saving them for? I find when I save something for that special occasion it never comes and the season is over. As was stated use shoe trees they do keep the shoe looking better for a longer period of time.

You are right! ITA!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I always try to be a bit careful when wearing new shoes the first few times, but, alas, shoes get worn, dirty, & scuffed sooner or later. I don't keep things if I'm not going to use them. Maybe avoid wearing your new shoes in the rain & definitely don't walk through grass or mud in them, but wear them & enjoy them.