Trusted Contributor

Here is my Review: G.I.L.I. Leather Backpack

I wanted the black, but it was not available. So I decided to try the Navy and I have to say, even though I would prefer the black, the Navy is not bad at all and seems to go with most of what I wear and pops in color to boot! The leather is nice and soft and even though I packed it full with my usual kitchen sink, the way it sits on the shoulder and as a backpack does not feel overly heavy or burden like. I do like the deep inside zipper pocket for airline tickets, ID, etc. I think it will be a great bag to travel with. I know some people complained that it was heavy, but I am okay with the weight.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Here is my Review: G.I.L.I. Leather Backpack

Thanks for the review! I am (impatiently) waiting for my navy one to get here!
Trusted Contributor

On 1/9/2015 WRX said: Thanks for the review! I am (impatiently) waiting for my navy one to get here!

Hope you receive yours soon WRX and love it as much as I do mine. I would love to hear how you like it.

Super Contributor

I purchased the blush. I have not yet left a formal review because I have been very busy and I don't like to write reviews in a rushed manner. I certainly do not feel that it is a "heavy" bag. After reading so many of the reviews, I was very pleased with the weight once it arrived. Not light, but not super heavy. The leather is scrumptous...

Super Contributor

thanks for review.

Honored Contributor

waitlisted the black and i am so glad i did because it came in a few days ago. i put my review on another thread, but i must say that this was a winner for me. i would not even mind having it in another color. EVERYTHING about it was a thumbs up.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

It's a great bag-the leather is sumptuous! The navy is a nice alternative to black. Congrats & enjoy!!!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Frequent Contributor

Got my navy backpack in the mail today. Love it! My first G.I.L.I. bag--I think I'm in trouble! The leather's so soft yet I feel it's substantial enough to hold up under lots of packing. Zippers glide smoothly--love the back pocket. Lots of ways to wear it, and it looks lovely as a "purse" not just a functional backpack. The color is a nice rich navy. Yay!
Trusted Contributor

On 1/12/2015 WRX said: Got my navy backpack in the mail today. Love it! My first G.I.L.I. bag--I think I'm in trouble! The leather's so soft yet I feel it's substantial enough to hold up under lots of packing. Zippers glide smoothly--love the back pocket. Lots of ways to wear it, and it looks lovely as a "purse" not just a functional backpack. The color is a nice rich navy. Yay!

So happy that you love your bag. I love mine too and doesn't it feel nice on the shoulder when you carry it that way? I have mine stuffed right now, but it can carry a lot. Now I am so wanting the G.I.L.I. Clutch Wallet in the brown exotic animal skin, but they are all gone and probably won't come back. Enjoy your bag WRX.