Frequent Contributor

Help please...can't think of this shoe brand

It's driving me crazy. I am trying to think of a shoe brand qvc used to sell. It sounded kind of French. It was frequently mispronounced. They may no longer be making shoes, but the most comfy pair of shoes i ever had came from them help me out. I think it had an apostrophe.
Valued Contributor

Re: Help please...can't think of this shoe brand

L'Artiste?

Respected Contributor

Etienne Aigner?

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Trusted Contributor

@maureen5 wrote:
It's driving me crazy. I am trying to think of a shoe brand qvc used to sell. It sounded kind of French. It was frequently mispronounced. They may no longer be making shoes, but the most comfy pair of shoes i ever had came from them help me out. I think it had an apostrophe.

It could be L’Artiste....by Spring Step.  I really like this brand and the fit is perfect for me. I wear a 7 in most brands....but in this European brand sizing I wear a 37 which is good for someone who is between  6.5 and 7.  I wear their tall winter boots exclusively...great fit. 

I have found this brand at Macy’s and DSW.  So yes....the brand is still out there.  

Honored Contributor

Etienne Aigner would be a great brand for QVC to carry.

I loved their equestrian and basket handbags and burgundy leather coats.  Anyone remember?

For those unfamiliar; although, the name sounds French, the company is headquartered in Munich, Germany.  Mr. Aigner was Hungarian. 

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee.  QVC carried Etienne Aigner for many years.  Seemed like they were on all the time.  I still have one that I've never used.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Loved that shoe brand.

Aigner fit my foot perfectly and had the best navy for my airline uniform.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 

I took a long hiatus from QVC.  Started shopping with them on day one in 1986, then no more beginning around 1992, might be off a few years, until October 2014 when going through the channels and saw Christmas decorations.  

If Etienne Aigner was on during the time I shopped, I don't remember it. 

Missed a lot during that long absence.  Knew only a few of the hosts when I returned.  Jane, Mary Beth, Dan, and one or two others.  

Contributor

@Foxxee Thank you so much for posting about Etienne Aigner...it brings back so many happy memories!  I still have many leathergoods from decades ago.  Reminiscing, I can almost smell the leather from the local store that carried the brand!

Trusted Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

Etienne Aigner would be a great brand for QVC to carry.

I loved their equestrian and basket handbags and burgundy leather coats.  Anyone remember?

For those unfamiliar; although, the name sounds French, the company is headquartered in Munich, Germany.  Mr. Aigner was Hungarian. 

I had everything back then that had that name on it.  All weather coat (tan), the leather full length Burgundy coat, the pocketbooks, shoes and boots plus gloves , keychain, lol.

Now I do not even own one piece; at the time I loved it!