Frequent Contributor

Help finding shoes to accommodate tailor bunion

Hi Ladies!  Can any of you please offer me some suggestions on footwear, socks, APMA accepted insoles, anything - for life with tailor bunions?  I now need a wide width shoe and am happy QVC offers many brands.  Have had some luck with Earth and Vionic.  Need roomy toe box without swimming in the heels, but will work with that through heel slip pads, etc.  Donated all of my old shoes.  My feet grew a full size as well.  Both of these seemed to have happened in response to recovery from a knee fracture that had me out of my regular footwear for months, limited activity, and compensating for the injury when I did walk.  Some support and suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Honored Contributor

Re: Help finding shoes to accommodate tailor bunion

[ Edited ]

@22eyesblue SeaMaiden recently posted about having a TB. Perhaps she will see your post and offer some advice to you. In the meantime, put this article into your search bar. There are suggestions there and in a larger article that is linked to it. 

6 Comfortable Shoes for Tailor’s Bunion or Bunionette

Frequent Contributor

1. I am sorry you are having that problem, which I do not know about, but I find that SAS (San Antonio Shoes) has some very comfortable shoes in an excellent variety of widths and sizes and that is all I wear now and my podiatrist strongly approved at my last visit. The sandals I get have 2 adjustable straps across the top of foot and one adjustable strap at the heel.  Once you set the straps to your liking, you can just leave it that way and easily slip the shoe on and off. If they have a store anywhere in your area, you will find their staff very helpful in fitting you.  Otherwise you will have to check it out online. I hope you are successful in finding good shoes.
Honored Contributor

@22eyesblue  Sorry I can not help you with finding shoes for comfort with Tailors bunions....but just wanted to share that Itoo have them on both feet...have had them my whole life. I find shoes that are comfortable and wear them till they fall apart...as they are a blessing to find!  I am so fortunate that my feet do not hurt.  I wear  medium width shoes with a wide toe box. 

how bad is your pain or discomfort?  There is bunion surgery to correct the  bunion, but it is major surgery that keeps you off your foot for quite a while to heal.

Regular Contributor

Specialty Bunion-Friendly Shoes:    solebliss dot com

Their shoes are sold in the US and UK. Free shipping. 10% off with e-mail sign-up. The shoes are definitely expensive but well-made and highly rated.

917 475 0027

-Bunion Relief Socks by OrthoSleeve

(sold on amazon)

-Doctor's Choice Bunion ReliefSocks

(sold on Amazon)

-Orthopedic Premium Toe Corrector Bunion Comfy Foot Sandals (from koormall dot com)

-Women Breathable Flat Bottom Bunion Corrector Sneakers (journishops dot com)

verywellfit dot com    (Twelve best shoes for bunions 2021)

Frequent Contributor

Thank you! I will check out everything.  I've found that with most bunion items they are referring to the larger bunion on the inside of the foot not the tailor but I won't rule any option out.  God bless you for your time responding.  I appreciate it.

Frequent Contributor

Only painful when toe box isn't wide enough.  That's why I'm doing my best to find those that will work.  I am someone who does everything she can.  To heck with fashion if my health and well being are involved.  Thanks for your reply!

Regular Contributor

Dr Comfort shoes  (sold on Amazon)

Regular Contributor

wearduke  dot com  best-shoes-for-tailors-bunion/

Frequent Contributor

Thank you for replying.  I will give SAS a look.